Chapter 43

Adriana's POV

I awoke and looked around. Where was I?

I was in Neymar's house, in the game room.

Why am I here?

Wait, we were playing FIFA.

I sat up and got a better bearing of my surroundings. I had fallen asleep on Neymar, controller in hand, and makeup from the photoshoot still on. I was laying down, head on his stomach, and he was sitting up, his head on the couch.

How do you even fall asleep sitting up?

Leo, James, and Marcelo were not in sight, and they probably were in some of the guest rooms.

I tried to creep out of the door, but I couldn't manage to without waking up Neymar.

"Morning beautiful," He said with a groggy voice.

"Good morning!" I said cheefully.

"So, do I make a good pillow?" He asked.

"No. I have a pinched nerve in my neck. Thanks to you," I teased.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, you are a very good snuggle buddy."

"We were not snuggling," I denied.

"Then what do you call being curled up in my lap like a kitten?" He asked, knowing he had won this argument.

"Trying to flatten you," I said, then abruptly changed the topic. "So, where are Leo and James and Marcelo?"

"Leo is out at the park playing soccer, and James and Marcelo are exploring Barcelona again," He said. "So that means it's just the two of us."

"You want to go play some soccer?" I asked.

"I have practice soon, so, we can play then. Until then, do you want to go out for breakfast? I know a good pancake house near here." He asked me.

"And I'm guessing that there will be cameras?" I questioned.

"Yes. Lots and lots of them. So, is that a yes?" He asked me.

"I can't deny free food. Let me get dressed, and then we'll be off!" I said cheerfully. This was probably going to be a decent day.

I quickly put on some light colored short-shorts and a white crop top. Yeah, this was not my style, but I kind of have to adopt a feminine look and act for the media. Plus, I'm skinny, so it should work. Hopefully.

I headed downstairs to Neymar who was playing around on his phone while sitting on the couch. I had to clear my throat for him to notice me.

"Oh, uh, hi," He said, not really focused.

"Who're you texting?" I said while plopping down on the couch next to him.

"No one," He said while facing his phone screen away from me. "I was playing Candy Crush."

"Why am I not surprised?" I said sarcastically.

"Well," he said in an attempt to start a conversation. "You look nice."

"You don't look like a piece of poo today either," I said and then braced myself for some kind of playful punch or shove that never came.

"Well then, I guess we should get going," He said and started walking outside.

"This seems so weird," I said.

"What? What does?"

"Us dating! I mean, I am dating Cris, as you already know, and it seems so weird to have us dating, along with him! I just don't know," I blurted.

"Too bad. Get used to it," He said, standing up. "I recommend you pack your soccer bag because right after breakfast we are going to go to practice."

I quickly got ready, and with a rumbling stomach, I followed Neymar to his car.

"I just got a great idea!" Exclaimed Neymar, his head shooting up.

"Spectacular," I mumbled sarcastically.

"Guess what time it is!" He said, ignoring my comment.

"7:37?" I responded, glancing at the car clock.

"Selfie time! This is going on our social media and it will be forever documented on the internet!" He squealed like a little girl.

"I suppose I don't have a choice?" I asked.

"Nope," He said with a smile.

After about 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 selfies later, Neymar was finally done. 

My point is, there was a lot and he probably is more feminine than I am.

"Now, are you going to buy me food, or not?" I asked.

"Sheesh. Is it that time of the month?"

"I started my day in a pool of my own blood. Is that how you would like me to end yours?"

"So that's a yes?"

"Actually, no. I've just always wanted to say that. I just don't like to wake up with a pinched nerve in my neck."

"I'm not that uncomfortable!" He protested while driving to this pancake house.

"How do you know? You've never had to sleep on yourself!" I said with crossed arms.

"Fair point. I guess I will have to lay on you instead next time," He said with a wink. Oh great. We are back to the winking.

"There won't be a next time. I have to go back to Madrid tomorrow. We're finishing up the season. If we're lucky, we'll play you guys again for the champions league title. That would be cool," I said.

"Yeah! That would be amazing! And then Barcelona would win, so then you come party with us instead of them!" He said excitedly.

"But Real Madrid would be better because I'm there," I said, raising a good point.

"Who would you replace? Bale?" He said, bringing up a good point.

"No! Not Gareth!" I said. He did have a good point. Gareth was one of the best at his job. "Probably Modric or something."

"So you're a midfielder now?"

"I am whatever my team needs."

"Here we are! It's pancake time!" Exclaimed Neymar while trying to parallel park in front of a small cafe. Keyword: Trying. It wasn't going very well.

"Oh, Neymar. Sometimes I think you are actually a teenage girl who can play soccer. Your maturity is basically nonexistent."

"You just can't comprehend my fabulousness," He said, trying to flip his hair.

"Aww, Neymar. You are so cute when you try to be fabulous," I teased.

"You just can't comprehend it!"

"Sure. Sure. Go ahead and think that."