Chapter 50

Adriana's POV

We were supposed to have practice today, but Cris and James and I had gotten off easily because we needed to prove to the world that Adrian Malinowski wasn't the same person as Adriana Messi.

Cris and I had set up a camera and a green screen, and I had gotten all dressed up in a short dress. I hate that dress, by the way. It means that I actually have to shave my legs almost all the way up.

Nope. Not for me.

My wig of my hair was loosely braided down my shoulder, and I was wearing some light makeup, just for an added effect.

I was standing in front of the green screen, and Cris was next to me. The two of us had made a whole script, and Adriana Messi was going to be the first one to go, and Cris was posing as Adrian Malinowski, just so we could get the timing right and I didn't cut myself off. We had gotten James to start recording, so he was our cameraman.

He pressed a button, and then gave me a thumbs up.

"Hello, internet!" I said cheerfully. "I'm Adriana Messi!"

"And I'm Adrian Malinowski," Said Cris, just so I wouldn't cut myself off in the real thing.

"And we're here to address the suspicions of us being the same person," I started. "You may or may not have seen the twitter page of my crazy ex-boyfriend, Neymar Jr. He has been posting some stuff about how he thinks that the two of us are the same person," I said, and then looked to Cris.

"Well, Neymar, I hate to break it to you, but that's not true. I'm sorry, but your ex-girlfriend is not the person who scored against Real Madrid twice before being signed to them. I don't know if you are trying to come up with an excuse for why she beat you in soccer, but can you please stop accusing me of being a girl?" Cris responded.

"Look, Neymar. I get it. You're upset. You have every right to be. I'm not telling you that it isn't okay. But seriously. This is a bit ridiculous. Please stop," I said.

"Yeah. That would be cool. I don't know what I ever did to you, but I would love it if you didn't think I was a girl," Cris said.

"Yeah. That would be nice," I said. "Now, Neymar, I think that this should be enough proof for you. Have a nice day!"

James stopped the camera, and I rushed off of my little stage to go and get changed into my Adrian Malinowski outfit. I would be wearing a nice suit and tie and my hair would be combed all nicely.

James had already started with the recording, and he was editing it so Cris's voice couldn't be heard and he wasn't there. Who knew James was good with technology?

Who knew James was good with anything other than soccer and being an idiot?

He was actually pretty good at it. By the time I had wrapped the bandages around my chest and taken off my makeup and googled how to tie a tie, Cris didn't even seem to exist in the video.

"Okay," Started James. "I am going to play the video of Adriana talking, so make sure to not talk over yourself. That would screw up everything. As long as you do that, I could have this ready in no time. Got it?"

We recorded the entire thing, and I, just for the amusement of the audience, pretended to check Adriana out. Just to be more... realistic. And maybe to inspire a lot of fanfictions, probably. That would be kind of awkward.

"And that's a wrap!" Called James, causing him to get weird looks from us. "What?" He asked. "I've always wanted to say that."

"We're not questioning you," I said. "You just seem like such a dork right now."

"What? No, I don't!" He protested.

"You little computer geek," I chuckled.

"Move along, nerd. I want this video done in half an hour," Said Cris. "And I need the math homework."

"How old do you think I am? Do you really think that I was one to be pushed around and bullied?" Huffed James, crossing his arms.

"Well, you have the maturity of a five-year-old," I commented.

"Fine. I won't help you," He said.

"I'll buy you ice cream," Bribed Cris.

"Hmph," Said James with a pout.

"With extra sprinkles and gummy bears?" Asked Cris.

"Fine. But only because of the gummy bears," He said, turning to connect the camera to the computer again.

"Are you sure you aren't secretly a five-year-old in a grown man's body?" I asked.

"Yes. Because five-year-olds don't have my skills," He said.

"Just do your job. Adrian and I will be playing keep it alive," Said Cris, finding a ball that was laying around.

James had finished uploading the video onto the computer, and then he had put the camera back in it's spot.

"If you two are going to act all cutesie, why don't we have Adriana go get in her dress again and play with you? You could have pictures," Suggested James.

I looked to Cris, and then when our eyes met, he nodded, kind of like in some kind of movie.

I got dressed quickly and put on some of Cris's indoor soccer shoes.

We ended up juggling a lot back and forth and patiently waited for James to work his computer magic. And, I'm pretty sure we got a bunch of cute pictures of Cris and I.

"You two dorks ready? Look at the video!" James shouted.

"Thank you, James. Love you," I said, giving him a little kiss on the cheek. 

Cris and I looked over at the computer, and we saw the short video that James had pieced together, and we gave it our approval.

"Okay. I will post this on Adriana's social media things, and then have Adrian leave a link in his," I said, pulling open a tab to post mine and James's masterpiece.

I uploaded it, and then we waited for the reactions to come pouring in.

I then pulled open Adrian's account and posted a link to the video. Then I sent a private message to Neymar as Adriana.

"Your move, you crazy ex"

You started this war, and we are going to finish it.

Take that, Neymar.