Chapter 3

POPPY'S P.O.V

So the boys left for their rehearsals while I went for a quick shower and change get into a more rocky outfit, I put on a pair of skull tights with black skirt and a Bullet For My Valentine vest top and paired it with a black beanie hat, leather jacket and black ankle boots. I didn't put much make-up on but I made sure my black eyeliner was on. I headed to reception and there was a cab waiting to take me to Motorpoint Arena for the Bullet concert, I was led in the performer entrance and down to the front of the stage with a few other photographers. I was approached by Bullet's manager to come backstage for some backstage shots and I agreed. When I get inside I saw Padge and Matt with their support act Halestorm. Padge looked up and saw me and Smiled. Their manager asked if I minded staying backstage and I would have full access of having all top shots from backstage before,during and after the show. I agreed as I thought it would be good for my career.

The manager left and as I got my camera ready, I heard a familiar voice.

Padge: Hey its little miss tease, you were coming here after all

Poppy: I guess I was ha-ha

Padge: So you doing the backstage photography?

Poppy: Yeah what's that all about?

Padge: Call it a little favour (cheeky wink)

Poppy: And what do u want in return?

Padge: Drink with me after the concert?

Poppy: Sure I could do that, but friendly drink only

Padge: If that's what you want

Poppy: You want something else I figure?

Padge: Clearly I like you but I'm not gonna pressure you to anything your not comfortable with

Poppy: Thank you, I can fill you in more over that drink but right now I just wanna focus on my work.

Padge: No problem hun

So Padge pulled me in for a hug and took me over to the rest of the band and introduced me to Halestorm, lzzy Hale was such a wonderful person, she asked Padge to take a photo of me and herself and he said no problem as long as there was a picture with him and myself too. So he took his photo of myself and Izzy and then Izzy then took picture of myself and Padge, Padge stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me as we got our photo taken. God he smelled so fucking good. I went a little red as we finished up. Halestorm got ready to rock the stage, and I got ready to do my work. Padge and the boys went to get ready themselves. So I got to work, taking great shots of Halestorm throughout there 30 minute set. When they finished I got some more shots of the band before they headed in to get showered and changed in their dressing rooms. I took pride in the photos I took as I flicked through them. Padge sneaked up behind me and frightened the shit outta me.

Padge: Shit sorry didn't mean to scare you

Poppy: Your grand

Padge: U OK?

Poppy: Yeah I'm fine thanks

Padge: Good stuff, so you be around after gig then?

Poppy: Sure will

Padge: Good looking forward to it

So thunderstruck played as the final song on Bullet's playlist before they went on stage and opened with Breaking Point and since it was the Temper Temper Tour they sang a few songs of that album, they ended the show with Tears Don't Fall. I must say I got a good few pictures that I was very proud of. When coming off the stage I got more of the band walking off, including one of Padge sticking his tongue out at me. The crowd was still going and shouting for an Encore so the boys headed back out and played Waking The Demon and Your Betrayal. I packed up my camera while I waited for the boys to get showered and changed. My phone rang again as I was waiting.

Poppy: Hello

Adam: Where are you?

Poppy: What's it to you?

Adam: U are my woman

Poppy: Not anymore

Adam: Don't be stupid

Poppy: I'm not Adam, what you done to me is unforgivable, its over now fuck off!

I hung up the phone and I picked up my bags while letting out tears, I was just about to leave when a hand grabbed my shoulder.

Padge: Not leaving on me are you?

I turn around and my eyes are red from the tears.

Padge: Fuck what's up?

Poppy: Just had an unwanted call, its made me angry as hell

Padge: U need that drink so

Poppy: Badly

Padge: Come on so

Poppy: Thank you

So he put his arm around my shoulder and we went to his car and we drove back to the hotel, we went to the hotel's bar and a waiter came to take our order. Padge ordered a beer while I ordered whiskey and coke. We got talking and we were enjoying each other's company, when my phone rang again. I saw it was Adam again, I rolled my eyes and hung up on him.

Padge: Not gonna answer?

Poppy: No was my ex again

Padge: How long ye broken up?

Poppy: Being over a long time but yesterday was last straw, I had him arrested

Padge: What he do?

Poppy: Beat and raped me

Padge: Fuck off

Poppy: I won't

Padge: Well I'm glad your rid of him

Poppy: If you call being phoned all the time rid of him

Padge: He hardly followed you here?

Poppy: Wouldn't put it past him

Padge: U want company tonight?

Poppy: U think its a good idea?

Padge: I'm not gonna try anything with you but you clearly need some company

Poppy: Thank you