The Intruder and the Confession

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I was nearly crying at their little exchange as they bickered back and forth.

"I never said that!" My father shot back,"Geez can't a man have a little respect in his own home?!"

Before either of us could interject, my father broke into song, a regular thing in our house:

"What you want, baby I got it!

What you need, you know I got it!

All I'm asking, is for a little respect when you get home!

Hey baby! When you get home!"

I was laughing so hard now tears were rolling down my cheeks as my mother and I joined it, singing into our fork microphones:

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Find out what it means to me!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Take care, TCB!

Oh! A little respect!"

My mother and I dissolved into giggles as dad stood up, hands on his hips, wagging his finger at us as as he carried on. Well, tried to carry on. He had forgotten the words so it sounded more like 'Mmmuhhuh! Respect! Nanana!!!'

When he finally came to a stop Mom raised an eyebrow at him,"Are you done now?"

He nodded, sitting back down on a stool and getting another bite of food like he hadn't just gotten up and gave us a miniature concert.

"Good," she said, rolling her eyes,"Now, like I was saying, Jaynalee and I are going to see Magic Mike and you have no say so in the matter!"

"Why?" My dad groaned,"It's going to be stupid!"

I slapped a hand to my heart dramatically,"Stupid?! Stupid?! It most definitely isn't going to be stupid!"

"How so?" he challenged.

"Hmm let me think: Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey," I counted them off on my fingers,"Alex Pettyfer, Matt Bomer, Joe Mang-"

"Okay alright! I got it!"

My mom grinned,"I'm so excited!" she squealed.

I shook my head. Sometimes it was like I was the adult here, and they were the teenagers.

My dad chuckled at her, shaking his head as well,"You're such a child," he muttered.

"A child that gets to watch sexy guys take their clothes off on a big screen!" Mom called out, balling her hands into fists and pelvic thrusting.

Yea, she went there.

I choked on my food for the 2nd time that night,"Alright," I took my last bite of food,"I'm out! That is not something I want to see ever again!"

"What?" Mom looked at me confused.

I kissed my dad on the cheek, throwing away my container and leaving the kitchen.

"I'm going to finish my homework," I called behind me as I walked through the living room and ran up the stairs, shutting my door quickly behind me. Just as I sat down at my desk, the faint sound of my mother singing Bon Jovi reached my room.

"Woahhh!! Living on a prayer!"

I groaned. My parents were insane.

**********

Several hours later both of my parents were asleep. I glanced at my alarm clock: 3 A.M. I sighed. I had this feeling that I had forgotten something, and I just couldn't fall asleep.

I threw the covers off of me and slowly shuffled to the door. I tip-toed down the stairs and into the kitchen. After pouring myself a glass of milk I leaned against the counter and took a big drink.