Maybe it's in the Tea Room with the Crumpets and the King!

After sitting beneath the tree for an hour I finally managed to pull myself together and start walking back towards the party. I hoped Ally hadn't ditched me while I'd been gone because my phone was in her car and the way I was looking there was no way I'd be catching a ride any time soon.

I shuffled along the side walk barefoot; my feet were freezing and the cuts were starting to sting. I still couldn't wrap my head around what had just happened only an hour ago. Chase cheated on me. Chase cheated on me when he was supposed to be in Louisiana... my Chase!

No, not my Chase. Not anymore. That dark-haired bimbo could have him, I sure as hell didn't want him anymore. I felt a twinge of pain in my heart at that thought; 7 months. We had be dating for 7 months and somehow he had finally managed to make me fall head over heels in love with him, hit me, and cheat on me within the last month. That was a very small time period for that many things to change. 

He had hit me. That was the part that hurt the most. I always wrote it off as no big deal and told everyone he was drunk, even tried to convince myself he was drunk, but I knew he wasn't. He had only had a few beers that night and he was no lightweight; it wasn't even possible for him to be barely tipsy yet, let alone drunk. He hadn't been drunk at all and he had gotten mad at me and hit me. I think that was when I realized maybe he wasn't as wonderful as he seemed.

After that night he acted like he was mad at me all the time. He could never explain what was wrong either, he was just... pissed. For no reason. Even after I promised not to tell a soul he hit me he was still mad. I was too scared and naive to see just how stupid I was being staying with him. Ally had tried her hardest to get rid of him after he hit me. No, I didn't tell her about it either. I had been covering the bruise across my face with make-up pretty well so nobody had noticed, but I jumped in the pool with her a couple weeks ago and the make-up washed off. Effectively showing off the now greenish yellow hand shaped bruise across my face. Naturally, she flipped. Calling him every name in the book and threatening my life and his if I didn't break up with him. Looking back now I wish I would've done it then and saved myself tonight's trouble.

I turned down the road I came from and walked slowly towards the sound of the music. When I made it back to the house the party was still in full swing and I was glad because that meant that Ally was most likely still there.

Trying to remember where we parked I realized my shoes were still inside and my phone was in her car. After a very loud mental argument with myself I stomped in the front door and practically ran out back to get my shoes. After slipping my heels back on I decided my night couldn't get any worse so I grabbed another beer from the cooler and greedily drank it down. The warmth spread throughout my body, soothing my throat that was raw now from crying.

I tossed the can aside and grabbed another. knowing I would regret it in the morning but not caring enough to stop myself. I wondered aimlessly around the party with my beer in hand, looking around trying to find my best-friend. I caught a glimpse of bouncing black curls on the dance floor and headed in that direction, stumbling a little on the way over.

I grabbed the girls arm and turned her around to face me,"Ally I need- whoops!" I said giggling,"You're not Ally!" I dropped her hand and spun back around, sloshing my beer and spilling it all over some chick's shoes. I ignored her angry screeching voice and stumbled in the opposite direction.

Somehow I managed to climb half way up the stairs before falling backwards and landing flat on my butt, effectively spilling the remainder of my beer.

"Dammit..." I muttered, looking around for the nearest ice chest. I spotted one just near the back door and was about to holler at a skinny blonde guy standing near it to bring me a beer when a pair of strong arms came underneath my armpits, lifting me like a small child to my feet.