Phase 3: Errrm... Kiss the Enemy?!

I sat it silence after school as I stared at my now finished art project. Charcoal in hand, my fingers gliding over the page for the last hour had finally produced the finished product.

Christina Aguilera, in her Burlesque form, stared back at me. The drawing was from my favorite scene of the movie,and she was dressed in one of my favorite outfits. I couldn't help but smile at my work.

(Drawing to the right>>>>>>>>>>)

People had always been my favorite thing to sketch, only because we were the most complex. Anyone can put pencil to paper and draw a perfect flower or a true to scale cat, but people are different. People aren't perfect, so why draw them as if they are? Hell were just about as far from perfect as it gets.

"Hey whore!" James called as he jogged over to where I was sitting, and plopped down on the grass next to me.

"Hey jerk, what's up?"

James and I had become bestfriends over the last week after our failed attempt at a "date". Much to Dean's dismay.

James had kissed me when he dropped me off at my house that night, and well... it was a pretty funny situation.

According to him,"I feel like I just kissed my sister!"

I had laughed and we agreed to be friends after that because it was just too awkward between us.

"Nothing, just watching my amazing bestfriend sitting over here like a loner,"

I laughed and punched him in the arm,"Shut up! I was sketching,"

"Oh the queen iseth to goodeth to sit with us peasants while she works on her masterpiece eh?" he said in a terrible British accent, puffing up his chest.

I rolled my eyes,"Yea well, considering Dean is giving us both a death glare that could kill, I'd say we'll both be safer if I stay over here," I added, flashing Dean the finger across the field.

James sighed,"Man, he may be my bro, but he's a real dick sometimes,"

I nodded"Yup!" I agreed, popping the 'p' loudly as I slid my sketchbook and charcoal back into my bag.

"Not to mention every cheerleader our school has is looking at me like a piece of meat,"

He laughed,"Yea well, unfortunately, you're not my type babe," he said earning himself a elbow to the ribs.

"Ouch! What the f-,"

I interrupted him,"So what is your type exactly?"

"Hot and wild," he said winking.

"Come on I'm being serious here!"

He sighed,"Hell I don't know! Well... there was this one, she was amazing. But I think I screwed things up with her..."

"How come?"

"Well I took you on a date instead of her," he mumbled,"and I had kind of already made plans with her that night,"

"Dumbass! What the hell did you do that for?!"

"Oh come on babe, even you know you're hot!"

Laughing I just shook my head,"Well maybe you should try to fix it!"

He nodded and stood up, pulling me up by the hand with him. I ran my hand across my forehead, brushing my bangs out of my eyes, and wiped the beading sweat at the top of my lip. It was way to freaking hot outside today.

"Erm.. You got a little black right there," he said, nodding his head towards mine.

I looked down at my charcoal covered black hands. Shit.