Chapter 14

I woke up to Charles rushing around the apartment with a perplexing look on his face. I knew he was thinking about dinner which wasn't for another 8 hours seeing as it was 10.

"Char, what are you doing."

"What? I am just making sure we have what we are going to say in my head so I can write down index cards."

"Babe, that's ridiculous. I refuse to read off a index card. Your parents love me and they'll love me even more when they find out I'm marrying you and having your baby."

I hope...

Time slowly dragged on as Charles went through all his clothes and mine to coordinate proper couple outfits. He then took me to the salon to have my hair done and nails. Like seriously it's just dinner.

He let me do my make up though but begged for it to be light and sophisticated. He picked out all my jewelry and made me get dress an hour early so I could help him get ready.

The outfit he picked out was casual yet very classy and sophisticated. He picked out a pair of cream skinnies, a black tank top with a cute pattern and a beaded collar, and cream flats. I got black jewel earring and a black studded bag to tie the look together.

We got in the car to drive to the 7 pm dinner at 6 since it was a 30 to 45 minute drive and he wanted to be slightly early.

We were also picking up Jessa and Maxwell from the apartment they now share to raise their growing family.

Jessa walked out in black skinnies and a over sized sweater with her gorgeous hair in a messy bun. She was even wearing converses.

"Wow, Zo why do you look to fancy for a simple family dinner," she asked when she and Max got in the car.

"Today is a big day and Charles wanted us to look extremely nice."

The drive was excruciatingly slow and long. When we arrived at the family home, it was only 6:56 leaving us time to spare since they told us not to arrive till 7 sharp.

It was 6:59 when we all rang the doorbell. Charles and Maxwells little sister Isabella opened the door holding her small children in her hands while her husband tended to the extra small one.

If I haven't told you Maxwells and Isabella's ages I apologize. Max is 27 while Isabella is the ripe young age of 25.

Isabella doesn't have much to do with the family company. She got married to her husband right out of high school while he went to medical school to become a doctor and she went to college to become a teacher. She got pregnant with their first when she was 21 and graduated college 8 months pregnant with their now 4 year old son Deacon. They also have their 3 year old Thomas, 1 year old Jacob and newborn baby girl Rosalyn.

She looked beyond tired which was no surprise as she had her daughter less than a month ago. She handed Jacob to Charles as soon as he came in along with handing Maxwell, Deacon.

Their mother came walking into the room looking at me with confusion but hugging me just the same. She adored me which was no surprise as she adored almost everyone.

"Zoé, why you are here," her husband who was a little less of a gentle soul asked me.

"Well, mother, father she is actually my fiancée."

"Charles Jameson Adamson, why didn't you tell me ," his mother said squatting him on the head playfully before returning to the kitchen.

"Son, I see you took my guidance. I wasn't exactly meaning your assistant but she'll do."

I felt kind of hurt by his statement and a little taken back. I'll do? I am carrying his unborn child I will do more than just do.

I just smiled a fake cheery smile at him even though I wanted to rip him a new asshole.

"Oh, you must be Jessa the girl my young Maxwell Leroy impregnanted."

"Umm yes sir. We never meant to make this baby if I can just interject there. He or she happened completely on accident."

Just before he could open his mouth to say some snarky comment, his wife called that it was time for dinner.

We ate in absolute silence till Charles cleared his throat. He slowly stood up and held his hand out so I could as well.

"We have other quite big news," Charles started but then froze up.

"Mr and Mrs. Adamson, we are having a baby. I'm 13 weeks along and well we picked out the names and everything," I blurted out like word vomit before sitting back down to finish my roast.

Charles sat down to and we both tried not to make eye with his angry parents.

"Great you mean to tell me both of my sons are man whores and get this two young girls who probably have no real future pregnant out of wedlock," he father yelled slamming his fork and knife down.

This in turn woke the sleeping toddler and baby in the next room causing Isabella to scowl and get up to cradle them.

"Now, Benjamin that was uncalled for. You woke up your grandchildren. Maxwell and Charles are grown men who can make their own decisions which in turn lead them to these beautiful ladies which gave them babies. We need to look at it as we are getting two more beautiful grandchildren and two beautiful daughters in law," Mary (Charles, Maxwell and Isabella's mom) said.

"Mary, I don't want my children to have children out of wedlock. It isn't right."

"That sucks honey because it's already happened," she said before getting up to go to her room.

After that argument no one really was that hungry so we all left. The drive home was worst then the drive there.

When we dropped off Jessa and Maxwell they were fighting about what his father had said.

I looked at Charles and grabbed his hand giving him a comforting look. He looked at me worriedly before driving us to his apartment to stay the night.

"Char, I'm so sorry that is what happened," I said as we got into the warm apartment.

He just walked up and hugged me. He knew what his father had hurt me and all he wanted to do was comfort me. I felt so much better having him hold me in his arms. I felt protected and loved.

"I love you," I muttered into his chest.

This was the first time I told him when he wasn't so close to death. It shocked him.

"Zoé, what did you say," he quickly asked.

"You heard me Charles."

I wanted to make him question if he hear me correctly. So I couldn't tell him again just yet.

"Let's go cuddle in bed and maybe do a little bit of love making," he said picking me you and carrying me to bed.

We made love and cuddled after its I buried my face into his chest before whispering I love you again. I knew he was already asleep so I lifted my head and looked at him and said it loud before passing out.