Chapter 5. Romeo, Juliet, Zac Efron, Leonardo, Johnny, and Bad Memories.

Start from the beginning

"Izzy," Mom called from the other side of the door.

"Just leave me alone," I tried to shout, but from the running and the crying nothing would come out.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Mom asked, opening the door. I just continued to cry. Mom sat down on the edge of the bed and rubbed my back.

"Believe it or not this is a good thing," She whispered. I gasped air, trying to regain my breath and looked at her.

"I've never seen you cry, over either of them. This is good. It means you're healing." She said, wiping the tears from my face.

"So is this over Jace or him?" Mom asked. I stared up at the ceiling as the tears welled up in my eyes again.

"Both I guess," I muttered. I hadn't really thought about why I'd left. The biggest reason was because of what Ryder had said. I know it wasn't meant in anyway. I was pissed at myself that I let it get to me like that. Then there was just the fact that he reminded me so much of Jace.

"It'll get better, sweetie, I promise. What made you leave?" Mom asked.

"Something Ryder said," I mumbled. I wasn't going to tell her, mostly because I couldn't.

"Someday it'll get better," Mom whispered. "Someday you'll be able to do everything you used to and you'll barely feel a thing."

"It just hurts so much," I cried, burying my head in her shoulder.

"I know honey, I know," She said, holding me against her. Downstairs the front door opened and the sound of voices filled the house. I sat up and wiped my eyes. I heard Jack start to cry and climbed up.

"Do you want me to take care of him?" Mom asked. I shook my head and straightened my clothes.

"It's ok," I whispered. I left the room and slowly descended the stairs. Ryder climbed up from the couch, a look of concern on his face.

"Izzy are you alright I--" 

"I'm alright, I just, I'm fine." I said. I rescued Jack from Emma. As usual he quit crying right away. Emma glared at me, ticked that Jack liked me more. Megan and Sam both had the same look on their face, that if they said anything I might break or go into a melt down again. 

"Andrew did you feed Jack?" I asked.

"I was supposed to feed him?" Andrew asked.

"God forbid you ever have kids," I muttered, going into the kitchen. Much to my dismay Ryder followed.

"Can I talk to you?" Ryder asked.

"I'm sorry for earlier." I whispered.

"Am I allowed to know what I did?" Ryder questioned.

"Listen Ryder, you're nice and everything, but there's a lot about me you probably don't want to know about." I murmured.

"Alright," Ryder sighed. He turned to leave. He stopped in the doorway and gently smacked his hand against the door frame. "You're wrong, by the way. I do want to know."

----

"I'm going to Megan's," I announced after dinner.

"Are you taking Jack?" Dad asked.

"Can he stay?" I pleaded. Mom nodded and continued to wash the dishes. I grabbed my car keys off of the counter and attempted to sneak past Emma who was relaxing on the couch.

"Where are you going?" She asked, jumping off the couch.

"To Megan's," I answered.

"Can I come?" She asked.