Chapter 47: Girlfriend?!

Depuis le début

"Jade~! Let's play~!!!" Mae called out as she and Sam both approached us. Sam has finally gotten a little better, and is now talking to us.

I set aside my book and positioned myself on the floor, "Okay! What are we gonna play?" Chris also sat down next to me, and the other two followed. Instead of playing, we just started talking about the series we watched last night.

Chris then suddenly bent over to let his head rest on my shoulder. I tried to brush him off, but he's too stubborn, so I let him be. It didn't take him long until he got off my shoulder and quickly gave me a peck on the cheek. This time, I had to blurt out, "Chris! What the juice?!"

He just laughed at me! When I paid no attention to him, he kissed my shoulder this time. I had to give him a slap on the shoulder so that he'd finally understand. But, moments later, he poked the side of my chest, "Get outta here you perv!!!" I yelled as I shoved him aside, but grabbed a hold of Sam's butt before actually going away. Sam was startled though, and I spotted a little blush. It was cute!

"Sigh.... Chris is still as stubborn and as dodo brain as ever..." stated Mae.

"Yeah... Won't he like, be normal for once?" laughed Sam.

She was trying her best to act normal, I could tell her laugh was forced. But, I wanted us to always be the same as well, so I laughed and joked with them, "Yeah... He'll always have that weird attitude that we'll never get."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After lunch time today, Chris called out to me to sit next to him. I stood up to do so, because it sounded like he really wanted to talk about something. He then whispered to me, "Let's share secrets~!"

I face palmed. "Chris... You know almost everything about me already, and I know almost everything about you. What's left to share?"

"Hmmm..." he thought, "Have I told you about Dawn yet?"

"Nope."

"Alright! I'll tell you about her!"

"Okay... But before that, explain to me why you kissed me earlier when you're not interested in girls anymore?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I kissed you cause you're a girl!" he said casually.

"I thought you hated girls?"

"Cause you're not a girl? Duh~!"

"Okay... Now I'm confused."

"Then don't think about it~!" he ruffled up my hair.

But, I listened to him. After all that, I also listened to him talk about his past with this girl named Dawn on how she changed him. Dawn was the first girl to hurt him emotionally in the past, and that she had turned him down plenty.

I felt a little sad knowing that, and thought that Chris has also been through some pretty rough times. I would try to make Chris feel a little better by focusing more on the present, but mostly, I would be quiet and listen to his stories. His stories are interesting to hear, sometimes, it's like I'm listening to a story teller when I was still a little kid.

But at some points of the story, I felt hurt. I felt hurt when Chris would talk about the good things about Dawn, but happy when he would compliment me. Isn't that me being to self-absorbed? I'm being too self-conscious, its not right. I don't get this way ever. I'm the worst...

"Jade? Earth to Jade? You still there?" he waved his hands in front of my face.

I blinked twice, "Huh? Oh! Yeah..." I was lost in my own thoughts. I didn't have the strength to answer Chris anymore. Instead, all I did was poke one of my icy-cold fingers on Chris' face, to see if he'd tingle like Mae usually does.