Chapter 29

A/N: you guys should probably play the song dream on when reading this, it makes it 1000 times better and way more emotional

~~~~~~~~
Chapter 29

I didn't sleep in my room that night.

In fact, I didn't sleep at all. I sat there, in an empty room to the back of the Pokemon center on a bed and breathed slowly with the window open. I was completely soaked and freezing, as a storm had unfortunately found its way to Cinnibar Island so the entire room was racked with wind and water. I didn't care though, I just sat there in my numb state as the room was destroyed. I guess it was fitting though, I just found out that my main ally was the one man I used to hate above all else.

At 2 o'clock I took a scalding shower.

Letting the water pour down my body in mini-streams, I forgave three people. Archer of team rocket, Harama Hoorson, and Victoria White although they were all bad in their own way, I realized that they were making it up and that was what counted. I myself wasn't the perfect person either, and I was most certainly far from it. Just like dirt, the more water I let roll down the more raw shock and anger that dissipated from within me. I began to think clearly, and I began to prepare myself for the ultimate possibility that I would die.

Death was no stranger for me, and I most certainly was already close to it at least once already. I figured if it was better that I died though, it would be a fitting end to my tragedy and the perfect rebirth to Kanto, rising from the ashes of a failed champion. It was the ultimate possibility of my death that allowed me to forgive everyone but Red and myself. I knew I failed, I was too emotional to be a proper champion, my ambition would ultimately be my downfall.

At two-thirty I got ready.

Putting on my my leathery action suit and arming my guns while putting them into the holster I sat at the edge of my bed and sighed, I was going to finally meet Proton and hopefully finally absolve my ludicrous notion for justice.

Tying my shoes I was surprised to hear Victoria come in and apologize while choking sobs, "Crystal, I don't know if you'll ever forgive me, or if you even should listen to this but I heard about what happened and I wanted to say my apologies before you left. You don't have to accept it, I just wish to apologize."

Snapping the laces of my combat boots quickly, I stood up and hugged her while saying, "I know you're sorry, and I accept your apology. I really hope we see each other again after today, as friends."

"May I ask one more thing before you leave?" She questioned while I stepped into the hallway.

"Absolutely," I responded, thinking of my decisions in the shower.

She looked at me with a mixture of finality, sadness, and thankfulness while asking, "Why did you choose to forgive me?"

"Because," I responded by taking a step out and looking over my shoulder, "you are truly sorry, thank you, for showing that you care."

I walked away then. I walked away, away from her, away to those dark doors that would have me depart, and towards the one last person I would see before I left. I walked away from the danger and towards Michael, Michael Blue.

He slept softly, but that was alright, I wouldn't wake him. It was better that way. So, I stepped silently into his room, and just watched as he took light, peaceful breaths as he slept in sheaths and shells of tranquility, probably dreaming of the sea that surrounded us. I did what I came for, I walked over and planted a last, light, fleeting kiss on his delicate lips.

As I began to leave I whispered as my own last words to him, "Forever and always I will be, your champion in disguise."

But he didn't wake up.