Chapter 5

A/N:
I know, it's shorter again, but to be fair this chapter and the last chapter would normally be put together but I think it gets rid of the effect so I'm putting this one still aside as another, shorter one.

Anyways, time for the elite four. I love these guys, I had to make one member up to fill in the role of Lance who is champion of Jhoto.

Anyways, hidden thing of the chapter (because this happens a lot): symbolism and/or puns

So, keep a look out and PM me or comment what you find.

Just so you guys know, I'm camping again this weekend. So, I won't be online. Though, summer break will start two days after that so I can't wait. I'll probably start seriously writing then. It depends.

Anyways...

Comment. Vote. Follow.

And

Happy reading!!!!

Prost!!! (In honor of a weekend of German speaking)

-blue___22

~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5

Rain poured down in mini waterfalls outside, making the windows look like they were being burnt down in a kiln. It was very distracting. Though, I wasn't distracted as I yelled in surprise, "What! That can't be true!"

Lorelei shook her brown locks and said, " 'fraid it's that way sweetheart. Don't be mad at him though, he's under our directive."

I turned to Red with shock in my voice, "I can't believe you're working with the elite four! You're spying on me!"

"Don't worry," said Red, "our friendship was true. The elite four asked me to be in charge of your security detail though."

It was beyond belief. In fact, it was too much for one day. I already knew that the elite four were in charge of homeland security. Though, after we walked in and greeted each other I found out. Bruno was the one to break the news. According to him it was time to "be completely honest with each other". Hence, Red reporting to him the situation of safety and me finally ignoring the sudden appearance of a storm outside so we could actually discuss a solution.

"Guys, honestly, it was time for her to know. We need to work together as a team," said Bruno after a short stare down between Red and myself.

"Besides," continued Red, "how can you blame us, one thing you are going to learn as champion is that sometimes disclosure is not always the best. I'm surprised you didn't figure it out sooner. I mean, how else would I afford the pranks. Plus, you now know the weaknesses of your house so you have less of a chance of something happening to you should anyone show up. We need to start doing what we came here for, instead of arguing."

"Fine!" I agreed, "we are not finished with this conversation though."

Red looked at the ground as Agatha continued, "It's nice of you to finally speak with us. I assume you're either here about project Forrest Echo or to actually introduce yourself to us for the first time. I'm also assuming that you've realized it's no longer time for you to be an 18 year old teenager who think's she's leading the government and time for you to step up and be the adult you ought to be."

Lorelei shook her head and restated, "It's time to get your big girl panties on. You're involved in a load of trouble now."

"See, but that's what we are here for. We're the elite four, and we are all in this room, the only prepared defense the region has, and you already know that we are almost at war already. Sinnoh and Kalos will go to war soon anyways, but it's up to you whether we enter it or not. Like I said, we need to lead a government. You are in charge and we aren't, so in the end you call the shots boss," finished Ospren, the flying type trainer of the four of them.