Chapter 10

A/N:

So, a little story about my writer's block and/or inspiration. One of the things I do ALL THE TIME with this book is try to do things that make me feel patriotic...yes, I know, I said patriotic. You wouldn't believe how easy or hard that is on different days.

Patriotism puts me in this mood when I'm writing that's like "aw yeah, the good guys are the best and go America and awesomeness" (don't judge, it's what writes this book)

Anyways, so yesterday I'm trying to write this chapter and so I put the movie Olympus has fallen on. I mean, how could you go wrong with Morgan Freeman, a siege on the White House, and terrorists? That's the equation for patriotism right there. I have to admit though, White House down was better, it kind of made more sense...and I remember it better.

So, I turn it on and guess what- I AM BORED!!!

So then I have this idea to turn on a different style of movie that will be like super inspiring- Sports

I put on the cutting edge 2, because the first one is one of the greatest sports movies with proper romance in it- ever. The second one sucked so my father and I were looking up stuff about movies in general online. Apparently, I don't know if this is right though, it (the first cutting edge) made as much money as the shawshank redemption (I'm saving that for if I get stuck to the point I want to kill this book)...

However, I'm still searching for proper inspiration so I'm going through the top 250 movies on imdb and I see the prestige which I know we have so I ask my dad about and he's like "it's a really tough movie about magicians" and so I decide to stick with sports films so I go for 42. He sees me and says that we should watch a different movie- The Natural

Oh my god....that movie was amazing. I have never seen a sports movie so amazing in my life. My dad said that it's his favorite, and that when he saw it in the theater he saw it alone because he didn't want a date to ruin it. It was worth it, I mean, you can't get any more patriotic than this movie. America's past time- baseball.

The lighting on the entire movie was perfect. Everything is shot in this beautiful twilight (not like the terrible awful book) setting. I mean, and everything is there if you pay attention- symbolism, foreshadowing, all kinds of literary and visual masterpieces are worked into this. I have never seen a movie that was shot so perfectly. The amount of sports feels and inspiration that came from this were incredible. Especially that scene where Roy Hobbs is standing there his shirt soaked with blood as he's trying to hit that ball...

I just can't.....no....I just can't say anything

It's too much to handle

Anyways, enough of that emotional rambling and all, happy reading and...

Love baseball and the Red Sox!!!

Tchüss

-blue___22

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

There is something to say about anger. Many people say anger is something that isn't helpful. They say it causes conflict which is true; however, I know it to be something different. I know anger to be good. Anger is a driving force, it pushes people. It may not push them towards you, but anger pushes people to do better. If someone keeps pushing someone about something again and again, it causes the person to want to rebel and struggle to get there.

There is also something to say about determination. Determination pigtails anger, if you're angry you need the determination to keep going and fulfill what you've committed to do. There is a saying in Kanto that if you work hard then you will be successful. My belief is one that stems from this that if you have enough time, resources, and determination you can do anything, because if you want it you will find a way to do it. The power of determination is never something to underestimate.