Chapter 8

A/N:

Hey guys, this chapter is only 2 days compared to three in the last one. Just a reminder that if you missed the updates in the last chapter then I would recommend highly that you read what happens.

So, a few words.
#1) 1K reads!!!! Almost 100 votes!!! Thanks a bunch to the people who have kept reading until this point! I really appreciate it. This book would not be here without you

#2) I'm home!!! I'm back in the sovereign state of Germany!!! I can speak German again!! Everything is awesome and I didn't die because Isis hijacked the airplane!!!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy and I hope you feel as if things will pick up.

tchüss

-blue___22

Happy reading and....

CHEERS!!! PROST!! SALUD!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 4 (Saturday)

Politics: the method that smart, conniving people use to control other people. By definition, it can be used to control any population, your own or maybe a foreign one. Manipulation at its best.

Diplomacy: a derivative of politics. Used particularly when dealing with members who also use politics to their advantage. Normally, it is filled with euphemisms of intent to sway a conversation in a particular manner. Requires more skills than general politics; however should it work, which is not always the case, it proves to be very effective.

Speechcraft: the weapon of speech. A skill that is used in both politics and any derivatives. Has the ability to sway anyone. Used correctly, it could bring greatness or epic disaster. The tool to unleash true mayhem.

There are three fundamental things you have to know to get what you want when you are a diplomat. Politics, diplomacy, and speechcraft were what I was going to have to use. Even though Michael Blue didn't know it, today was going to be the start of extreme difficulty in my career.

It was early when I left. I flew, a little more comfortably than usual, and entered my house. I dug into the back of my closet and grabbed "the gear". Finally tearing off the tags I layed it out on my ocean pattern comforter. I put on my black long underwear top and bottoms, thinking that it would be cold. I put on my snow pants from the brand Mt. Moon, which had the infamous skyline of the mountain in the logo. I put on another shirt, this one from Pewter, an expensive brand that made stuff just for mountaineering. Lastly, I put on a heavy purple jacket with a grey liner from the nosepass face, the name inspired by the particular pokemon who lived in the mountains of the north.

Red was the culprit, as when I had entered the house I found a note on the counter. Well, I guess he was using the key I had surrendered to the elite four to its full extent. The culprit had struck yet again, not only in my closet but giving me a nice breakfast bar of fruit and oran-pecha berry energy bars. He knew and he was there for me, leave it to Red to do that. I guess he figured I needed a better set of gear. I also feel that secretly he was trying to mend our friendship, and to show me that it wasn't just about being head of my security detail, but also because in his own way he cared about me.

After eating the food that would rot, I grabbed my energy bars for the hike. Walking into the garage, I grabbed my light blue old-faithful style hiking backpack which was already filled with rope, food, and other emergency supplies. I also fastened an ice-pick onto the side of my leg, just in case of an avalanche. It may have seemed like I was being over cautious, but hiking in snow was different than hiking in the fair conditions that I was used to.

Flying to victory road, I met Red when I landed. He gave me a serious nod as he looked at the way to mount silver.

"Good luck," he wished me, "try your best and remember that Lance has been in the game longer than both you and I have, so take note of everything he says and watch him like a hawk."