Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"This is bad...this is so, so, very bad..." I paced in my office.

Red sat there eating a piece of cheesecake that was two days old. Speaking with his mouth full he said, "Hey, can't help these things, they just happen right?"

"Yeah but I flew home calmly after that! How much of an idiot am I!" I raged, thinking about how after I stared at Michael doe eyed I took off in a strangely calm manner the previous night. I then proceeded to fly home and go to bed in a ludicrously lustful coma.

"Well," retorted Red, "now that you've recovered your senses, sort of, what are you doing about it?"

"I don't know what to do about it," I sighed, and paced around the room some more, "I want to tell him so bad."

"I know you do, but you can't. You know it's dangerous and he might still double cross you. I know it's hard, but I understand what you're going through," Red cooed in a sympathetic voice.

"Like hell you do! You've never had to hide something like this from someone! I know you had your little secret service stuff, but that isn't even pretending to being a completely different person! Having someone believe you are something you are not!" I ranted to Red who was opening his mouth to speak.

Red opened his mouth to speak, "Now, that isn't-"

"Besides," I cut him off taking his fork and eating a piece of the cake, "I've already made my mind up, I'm going to Pewter to see him. He's probably getting his gym badge today."

Red sighed and said with a great reluctance and almost conflictions in his voice, "Look, uh, be gentle okay. Don't kill the bonds with him...we still need them and you know, cutting ties would be a bad thing. Yeah, I'll miss their company and all, you know."

"Ok, whatever," I scoffed arrogantly and poked my head around the corner, "I know you have the set of keys I left with the elite four so lock the door when you leave. Take as much cheesecake as you want from the fridge. I'm off so see you later."

I left the house and flew shortly to inner workings of Pewter city, the city of silver and my current home. The dark clouds that lined the sky were familiar, and always present. However nonetheless, the day was a hot one, a typical characteristic of the late summer. I went for the gym in a sweat, which ironically I found Michael Blue at. He was sweating too.

"C'mon, we have some things to talk about, " I said to Michael who had been waking out of the gym and looking down until I appeared.

"Alright," he said while smiling with his teeth, "I'm going back to check on my house so can we head to diglett cave?"

"That's fine ," I said, as we walked slowly through town.

Michael smiled and said, "Well, you know yesterday happened and I was thinking that maybe we could go out and all, because you're just wow."

However as he witnessed my conflicted expression he asked, "What's wrong Lucy?"

Lucy, Lucy Greene. That's all he thought I was. That's all he knew I was. I guess it was a mistake to talk to him about it, because something in me snapped. I realized that it was bad if he had no clue who I was, if I had to lie to him all the time, and it would only get worse if it continued.

The summer heat seemed to get hotter and everything seemed to stop, including Michael who went into shock as the words rolled off my tongue, "Michael, I can't do this."

We were near the entrance of diglett cave, standing practically in front of it, on the opposite side of the signboard. Time just seemed to work its way around us who were frozen.