Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"-don't know what I would do if she were to die," sighed an exasperated voice.

"You would take over, that's all there is to it," retorted Victoria with a fury, "it's a rebellion at this point Red. We don't even know that if she wakes up she's going to wake up. At least it's not as bad as the cranial injuries Michael suffered."

Red sighed again and although I couldn't see him I knew he was probably tugging at his cap as he responded, "We can't say a word to her about it though. None of it...especially not where Blue is concerned. She will never trust us, ever again."

Those were the last conscious words I remembered before I actually would wake up. Now that I was actually fully conscious and awake, I was going to find out what they were hiding, and I was going to vicious.

The pain when I had tried to lift myself for the first time was crazy. I could feel my body, it was just that I was hurting a lot. When I first tried it,my body ached so bad that screamed. Remembering what I had heard from Red and Victoria, I prompted myself to attempt to rise out of bed by the utter force of my anger. As I struggled, I made it eventually and felt a little better for it. Strangely enough, after I moved my arms for the first time I felt like I could do it with less pain progressively.

As I apparently screamed rather loudly, Nurse Joy came running in overjoyed. As she viewed my eyes with her own shock laced ones she said, "This is great! You're finally awake! I'm so relieved for you."

"Why are you relieved...?" I asked.

She responded almost nonchalantly, "I'll let your friends explain to you."

She stepped out and I had a second of peace to relax until they broke in. There was no window in my room so the only thing lighting it was the one from the hospital lights. I knew I had to be patient as a rattata would always always lead you back to its patch in the grass. I just had to make sure what I thought I heard was real first.

Red and Victoria came in, holding hands, which was kind of an obvious move because the entire country knew about it.

Red visibly cried when he saw me. Victoria was smiling in disbelief, but Red was full on sobbing. Breaking away from Victoria's hand he ran to the bed and put his arms around me. He then shouted, "Crystal! You're alive! You're here! Can you move? Every 6 hours for the last three weeks Chancey has been using healing wish on you! They put you in an induced coma..."

Obviously Winger knew about my identity as she said, "Crystal...I'm so glad you healed, it's just...it's just...your back and torso...and leg..."

I looked over my shoulder at the the scars that covered my entire back side. Electrical scars, since I could still move my back they were flash burns, but I could see the spider like, pinkish webs of scarring completely cover my back. I didn't know if it would ever heal. Plus I had two other scars, one for each gunshot. It was terrifying to me, but I didn't mind, it just reminded me of my loyalty, of my dedication.

"Crystal, I'm so happy you're alright, we thought you were going to die," Red repeated this time coming and hugging me, "you should be able to move like you used to, especially considering the fact that healing wish was used. We want you to take it easy though. You shouldn't leave this room."

"Alright, I can stay here," I started preparing to put into motion what I had decided, "how's Michael doing?"

A flinch barely noticeable if you hadn't been looking, went through Red's eyes. I watched closely waiting for his next move, to see what he would do about it. However, Victoria was the one who spoke first.