Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I ran for his door, his room in the Pokemon center. The rebels obviously knew they were victorious and I had other stuff I needed to do, so I didn't have to stick around. Squeaking down the filthy hallway my shoes were still wet from a combination of blood and rain due to my actions of trying to restrain Red from his hysterics in that brilliant thunderstorm that surrounded the fighting grounds of Fuschia. Like the emergency exit light on my plane, the flickering hallway lights almost seemed like a warning sign to direct me away, away from Michael. Nothing could stop me- not Red, not team rocket, not the caller, nobody. I would see Michael Blue, and I would find out the truth, I would kiss him and then I would tell him out fight was a mistake. Everything would be alright once I would get the fever medicine to Nurse Joy.

Bursting into his room, I witnessed Michael's deep bellows of anguish. His tsunami eyes flitted open and closed. Nurse Joy was busy trying to restrain his body from going out into a full on seizure. I observed the issue. His right shoulder cuff was covered in a red spider-like web of trails. It was obviously some sort of blood poisoning. Clearly keeping him under had slowed it somehow, but now it was speeding.

"Give me the syringe!" She shouted at my shocked figure.

Handing her the syringe, I restrained yet another person that day as she inserted whatever was in the vial extremely speedily. We both breathed a massive sigh of relief as what I think was penicillin made him stop shaking. We both laughed and sat on the ground. Nurse Joy put her forehead infused hospital bunk. I leaned the opposite way, cuing into a ball almost as I voiced, "That was something."

"Thanks for getting here so fast. You can go and celebrate your victory in Fuschia now if you want. He won't be up for at least 30 minutes still," she suggested.

I laughed, "No way! I'm not leaving Michael to go dance in the rain like a tribal person with the rest of the crazies."

"Wait," she smiled, "Did you just call your troops tribal Mankeys?"

"Totally! War is so not our thing," I joked.

She stared me down and asked seriously, "Then how come your clothes are like that?"

"Red judo threw me, I was restraining him from snapping the POW's necks. My shirt is bloody because the place I landed had blood mixed with water, " I explained

She started poking my back, "You can feel this right? I know we successfully healed most of the electrical damage but still..."

"I'm fine," I cut her off, "I can feel you poking my back and I can obviously still move so I'm fine."

"Be warned though, Red is going to get slapped when I see him again," she decided.

She was right, it ended up being a full hour before Michael started to stir again. Red and Victoria didn't come, but I stayed and I waited for Michael. Outside the rain continued to pour and the lights of the hospital flickered sharply and I shivered as he power had been cut off to power the machines in Michael's room. I wished it would stop, and so the solar panels that powered the center would start working again. We were on reserve power as it was.

Then, about an hour later he woke up, and so I called Victoria who brought Red. Nurse Joy had waited outside the door until they came, because she respected that I wanted to be the first one to walk through that door with Red and Winger to see Michael. So, when they got there, I was surprised at my own hesitation. However, I grabbed the knob of the door to see Michael, I began to sweat. What if he didn't forgive me? What if he hated me? What if he wouldn't accept who I was? I tried to wave the questions of self doubt away as I stepped in.