Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The ringing of the phone was the worst thing ever. It interrupted my speed march down to Michael's quarters. It was like a fog horn yearning it's call through the mist, only to attempt to wake me up from my decision. However, even as I went for it, I didn't want to wake up. I wanted to keep my priorities focused on Michael. I picked it up and asked, "Hello? How may I help you today, welcome to fantasy island!"

"The plane! The plane!" Joked the stranger but then quickly continuing, "I see what path you've decided on Mrs. Sharp, quite an interesting decision I must say. Out of all things, why do you choose to do that? What exactly changed you?"

"I was going to shoot up the town as soon as I left the tower, but then I saw all the blood in the street and the stench and everything, and I realized that was what I was about to do and how awful it was, so I stopped," I explained.

"Alright," he seemed to nod over the phone, "I'm only calling for a short bit, but I wanted to let you know that Red has already been to both Vermillion City and Lavender town, and they are now on their way into Saffron, they are safe for now though. I have to say, when you told him to be fast  he didn't mess about with that directive."

"Yeah, Red's a very patriotic guy, I always thought it had to do with the champion previous to him," I nodded too.

There was a pause for a moment, until the man questioned, "You said I was an ally, right? How do you know I'm an ally though? What if I'm really in it just to have the pokemon league to myself? Did you ever think of that Mrs. Sharp?"

"You're most definitely aren't," I shook my head with force,"even though it's kind of creepy that you know I said that, you are an ally because you've helped me when you didn't need to and you made sure I saw right instead of wrong. Hell, it would be friendship if I knew your name!"

"That's an interesting opinion my darling. Go be with Michael, he's waiting for you. I might call you later, there's a possibility that I will need you to run an errand for me," he breathed deeply before promptly hanging up. I was surprised at the speed of the dial tone.

My reaction that followed was his call was a sigh of frustration and me muttering, "Who the hell does this guy think he is?" as I stormed out of the door.

To my surprise, over the loudspeakers, I started to hear a small guitar strumming which then escalated into a full seriously of cadences and then into eye of raikou. Which was cut off by an oh so familiar voice singing, "Rising up, straight to the top, I broke through the signal jammer. What? That's not the lyrics. I prefer my version, anyways, because it means Kanto is almost free from the terrorists made military that inhabit it. I happen to like this song, I think I'll play it again. Oh wait, there's recordings of phone calls between Red and Victoria on this computer, I think I'll play that." 

"No! Don't!" I unintentionally blurted while standing in the hallway.

A laugh sounded over the speakers, "I suppose I shall not. That doesn't mean I don't endorse the truth though. I'd be quite the hypocrite especially considering some things that are going on in Saffron ask we speak. Oh my, it appears as if dearest Red is going to have to get his head out of his ass and take Vermillion already if our dearest Crystal is to have any concept of the truth given to her. It appears as though I was wrong, our little terrorist enemies are indeed being smarter than I would have first imagined. Oh well then, they are indeed still safe at the moment. As said in Unova, tchüssi, my dears."

I wanted to punch him and the loudspeakers. However, the entire thing was most obviously a warning. He knew what I was doing, even though I already knew that, but now I knew he had the power to call me out on it. I walked as fast as possible to Michael's room after that.  Not taking any questions from Victoria, I motioned her out of the room with Michael in it. I tried to make myself feel bitter, maybe if I felt bitter I wouldn't feel as much pain. All I would do is try to isolate myself as much as possible from him, still trying to preserve his memory for his own good.