Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"Red," I beckoned, calling into his room. He looked tired, and he most likely was, but that didn't stop me. I didn't care about the dark circles under his eyes, nor how even when he showered his hair covered his face in a dark mess, a face of murder. I didn't even care about how unhappy he looked. Seeing him ignited my anger and certainly melted my cool persona.

I didn't even have to speak twice for him to follow me though. I didn't take him to the lobby, there I knew for sure our conversation would be overheard and I would give him the scolding of a lifetime, after I got my information. So, we walked to the most secluded place in the center: the supplies area.

Dark and musty, I felt at home in the shadows that seemed to even amplify my sheer ferocity. I barely even kept myself composed, but I knew I needed to, I was going to attack him methodically. It was no wonder that the bare shelved room was the place to do it, as there would be absolutely no witnesses, or disruptions. And so, I led him in, my spirit feeling like a leopard on the hunt.

As we walked in, Red ironically said in an serious and deep voice,"Crystal."

"Sit," I commanded cooly, "I assume you know why we are here."

"Look, Crystal, I'm sorry about going out and taking the Saffron block, it was wrong to take your plans. We got all the way to Celadon and Cerulean, though," he claimed.

I raised an eyebrow, he gave me what I wanted easier than I thought. I suppose it was a ploy though, him trying to get my emotional sympathy. I learned from last time with Cynthia. I wasn't going to fall for that.

"You're quite an asshole, aren't you Red?" I asked rhetorically, suppressing the urge to kick him.

He looked up at me, as I tried not to clench my fists, "I'm really sorry Crys..."

"Are you really?" I spat with contempt,"I don't believe so. You don't mean it."

"Of course I mean it, why wouldn't I?" Red asked.

"You don't," I snuffed with a superiority kind of anger, "Let me ask you something. How could you be truly sorry if there's no remorse in your eyes? How could you be sorry if you don't look at me with at least some feelings of guilt!"

Red looked up and stared deep into my eyes, moving his lips with those lies. He was unremorseful and I could tell as his eyes didn't even think of what he did as cried out in confusion, "I don't understand Crystal."

"Had a good time partying in Saffron didn't you? Sabrina's gym is quite nice. I'll tell you this, the police station isn't. See, I was out, doing a little investigation. The truth is incontrovertible, Red. Malice may attack it,  ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is," I explained.

That was when it happened. Red's eyes lit up in fear, just what I expected of the little weasel. If he was truly sorry he would have either been plain out avoiding like Victoria must have been or I would have actually seen guilt in his eyes. Though his eyes were filled with fear, a clear indicator that he feared punishment the most, and that he didn't care if he actually did it. As expected he pleaded those three words he didn't mean, "Crystal I'm sorry."

"No you're not, your eyes are filled with fear, not guilt," I claimed stepping towards the door.

He tried to say something but I cut him off swiftly and gracefully finishing as I grabbed the doorknob, "You were right Sangre Red, I am never going to trust you again, but not for the reason you thought it was going to be. You make a great commander, when we talk in the future that is all you're going to be to me, the friend I know may as well have his name written on one of those stones in lavender tower. Oh, and if you ever think about lying to me again I'm going to make sure you get a life sentence on insubordination, treason, or just plain old espionage. And trust me, you will never see the light of the outside again, I'll make sure of that."