Chapter 26

Chapter 26

It was funny that even still, when I had decided that I would man up and take Michael outdoors, I couldn't do it. Again, I found myself sitting in the hallway across from his door, contemplating if he was good enough to leave, or even if I had done a good enough job. See, after the stranger and I snuck out of the police station in Saffron, I didn't even bother talking to Red. He could enjoy his party for all I cared. I understood that he went after Michael, but it still didn't excuse the fact that I was in the dark about it and that he even left him behind in the first place. I didn't even care if it would have truly killed me to take Michael out. Red was right, I would never trust him again because of it. However, truly because he didn't tell me. That was what I had the most qualms with.

At first, I planned on taking Michael to his house. He hadn't been there since I was there with him, as far as I knew, which was even longer in his mind. However, when I had reached Vermillion I realized 2 things. The first was that he probably wasn't good enough to move there yet and the second was that the entire city still smelled like blood. No way I was bringing Michael there, even if it was his home. So considering that even Fuschia still smelled like blood, there was no where to go except for Cinnibar island. I was going to make sure Michael was in a 100% peaceful setting for his safety. I had already gotten Nurse Joy's permission, to let him out, and so I had set up a picnic of sorts, which the food was in the refrigerator because I needed to still work up my nerve to take him out.

It was to surprise when I saw a hand in front of me in the hallway and a voice clearly saying, "C'mon Crystal, get up you're going in there with me and you are going to do what you planned."

"I don't want to," I shook my head, looking up at Nurse Joy.

She took my hand and pulled me, "You're going with me, you have to at least try to help him recover his memory, besides, what you're doing is nice."

I had no choice, I stood up, dusted myself off, and prepared to face him. I knew Nurse Joy wasn't going to let me back out of that one. I wasn't going to let myself back out. So, I stepped in confidently behind her.

She started for me, "Hi Mr. Blue! Crystal here got permission from me to take you outside. I'm really reluctant, but she insisted you need to get some fresh air, so I'm letting you outside with her supervision. You should consider yourself lucky you have such a lady who not only got the meds that saved your life, but also is willing to fight for you further. I'll leave you two alone to sort it out for now though."

"Hi there smoochum," Michael addressed me.

I rolled my eyes, "That type of flirting so does not work on me. C'mon, you have like 5-10 minutes to get dressed until I come back in, so get going. Like she said, I'm taking you out, unless you can't move at all."

"You're stern," he observed.

I analyzed, "I'm not stern, I'm just a busy person, with a busy life."

I walked out the door then with a smile as I set a small picnic on the shoreline. I already knew it wasn't the most romantic of settings, but I wanted to make sure he was comfortable and could enjoy himself. I knew other people who were there were watching, but I didn't mind. It was all for Michael.

So, when I went and got him I was surprised to see him in loose hanging beach wear. His pants hugged his legs closely, but his red, pineapple print button down shirt hung out and loosely. I could see some light electrical scarring in the skin it showed. Though, the funniest thing was that he was wearing flip-flops.

"You're wearing just the right thing," I smiled.

He shook his head and chuckled, "Nurse Joy gave me the clothes. Is this a date or something?"