Chapter 4

Sunday around noon I once more arrived at the community center, Kellin's confused and curious eyes following me as I walked inside. I could practically feel his quiet gaze burning into the back of my skull as I passed him and the others, making my way to the office to find Austin. I heard them chattering as soon as I was out of their sight, and I was guessing that I was the topic of conversation.

I knocked on the office's door twice, getting my permission to come in soon after.

"Oh, you're here." Austin noticed as soon as he saw me walking in. He smiled, at least letting me know that he didn't mind. "Do you enjoy being here that much?" He then asked with a slight chuckle.

I shrugged mildly. "It's better than being at home."

Austin frowned, but didn't ask, which I was grateful for. And just like the day before, he suggested that I ready up the cafeteria for lunch and that then I could basically do whatever I wanted. And so I did.

While I was in there preparing the coffee machine, I saw Oliver walking in with a paint bucket and some other necessary equipment. I would've said hey, but I noticed that he had headphones on, so I dismissed the idea and just continued whatever I was doing.

After the coffee was done, I found myself staring in Oliver's direction while he quietly painted the wall with the blindingly white paint that covered the ugly, faint yellow underneath.

He was doing a good job, honestly. But then again, how hard could painting a wall be? I wouldn't know, I'd never done it. Should I offer my services and help him? No, that would be silly. It's not like I had anything better to do though.

I prepared a cup of coffee and approached the intriguing, highly concentrated man, carefully tapping him on the shoulder. He jerked away a little and turned his head, smiling when he saw me, then took his headphones off, leaving them hanging around his neck. I could hear the loud music still blaring from them.

"I um, thought you'd like a cup of coffee?" I said, making it sound more like a question because I didn't want to bother him. In some way he still scared me a little, I mean, he was a delinquent after all. Who knew what he could do? Or what he had already done for that matter.

"Thanks, love." Oliver chimed cheerily, taking the cup from my hands. He took a big gulp, swallowing it loudly before removing it from his mouth and looking into the cup curiously.

Oh, oops.

"Yeah um, there's soy milk in there. I'm sorry. I brought it with me and I always put a swig of it in my own coffee, it's a habit. Again, I'm sorry. I can make you a new cup if you'd like? Do you want sugar in it?" I rambled nervously, feeling my cheeks heat up in the process, praying to the lord that I hadn't made him angry.

Oliver then grinned at the cup before looking at me. "Soy milk, huh?" He asked.

I nodded slowly, wondering why he was grinning at me like that.

"I think I prefer it this way, thank you. And I don't take sugar, this is perfect." He then took another big gulp and I relaxed almost instantly, letting out a sigh of relief. Oliver must've noticed that, because he started laughing a little.

"You make good coffee." He complimented through his laughter.

I could feel my cheeks heat up a little. He had such a nice laugh, and a really attractive smile too. "Do you need any help with this?" I then blurted out without thinking, whilst pointing at the wall.

Oliver drank the rest of his coffee before answering and put the empty cup behind him on a table. "Well I don't specifically need the help." He said, facing the wall. And for some reason my heart sank and I felt stupid for asking. But then he smiled as he looked at me. "But if you want to help out, then sure, why not."

Crooked Young (Oli Sykes) ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara