Chapter 27 FINAL CHAPTER

A couple of years passed by. A lot had changed, but at the same time, it also didn't.

Within weeks of Oliver asking me to marry him, we did actually get married. It was a small courthouse ceremony with Oliver's parents and his brother present, plus Josh as his witness and Lynn as mine. Oliver's mom had managed to force him into a suit and I did get a pretty nice fitting dress for the occasion.

After all of that formal stuff was done though, we went back to the apartment building only to find that Andy, Kellin, Vic, Mike and a couple of others had put together a massive party.

Of course everyone got wasted out of their minds that night.

It was all very on-budget and totally not what I was brought up to believe what it'd be like to get married, but I didn't care about all of that anymore. I was happy and I would not have wanted it any other way.

After that, it was time for all of the legal stuff.

My mother's will was carried out to me, leaving me behind with the whole of the Winters empire that my grandfather had built up, plus all of the money that came with it. Did I really want it? Nah. But did I keep it? Well, yeah.

We didn't use the money to move ourselves into some fancy-ass mansion in the valley, though. I was so over that. No, instead, Oliver and I did opt to move a few floors higher up in the apartment building so we'd at least have an apartment with separate rooms. It was more than enough, and we were definitely going to need the extra space soon.

The sound of the phone ringing boomed through our living room, and just as I was about to get up from the couch to pick up the call, Oliver grabbed my hand and silently urged me to stay put so he could get it.

I rolled my eyes, earning an amused smile from him as he got up and kissed my forehead before finally grabbing the phone from the stand and answering the call.

"Love, how many times do I need to tell you not to call me for a quickie when I'm home alone with my wife? She might get suspicious." He said to whoever was on the other end of the line, which by the way he spoke and grinned at me was obviously Josh.

I raised my eyebrows and gave him kind of a you-kidding-me look, which only made him wink at me in response.

"Really, we are?" He then wondered, focusing back on the phone call. "Yeah alright, I'll check it out. Thanks, mate."

He ended the call quicker than normal and threw himself on the couch beside me, repositioning himself back in the same way as he was lying before, with his head on my chest and his arm loosely draped around me.

"What was that about?" I asked him softly as I ran my fingers through his hair.

He reached over and grabbed the tv remote, before turning it to the news channel. "Apparently Josh spotted us on the telly again." He said, smiling just a little bit. "Something about the donation you made last week at the other animal shelter."

"Oh right, the papz were there." I murmured, rolling my eyes. "And what do you mean, the donation I made? It's our money, you know." I then reminded him.

"Well no offense, love, but the money comes from the Winters family legacy, not mine." Oliver retorted as he turned up the volume on the tv.

"Well I'm not even really a Winters anymore, now am I?"

Oliver grinned and moved up a little to peck my lips. "Not by name, Mrs. Sykes." He said smoothly. Honestly, I could never get sick of hearing somebody call me that. Especially not when it was the man himself.

I glanced over at the tv, just as he did, and cringed at the sight of myself. "Dear god, I look so bloated... No, forget bloated- I look fat as hell." I complained.

Oliver snickered a little. "You're not fat, love." He said, leaving a small trail of kisses down my belly. "You're pregnant, there is a difference. And you're still just as beautiful as always." He then added before moving back up to kiss my lips.

I smiled, kissing him back and fighting the urge to roll my eyes. He was always so sweet to me. It was still funny to think that when I met him I was actually scared of him by the mere way that he looked.

It was ridiculous, but I just didn't know any better back then.

After Oliver was done with his hours of community service he started working at the animal shelter where he got Oskar. Eventually when the owner died of old age- because the man was already pretty old- Oliver became the new owner. With our money he began supporting other animal shelters so that they'd have better and bigger habitats and good conditions to live in.

We mostly focused on dogs, since they were the number one animal in the world that got neglected by mankind. But there were also shelters for cats and many other abandoned little sweethearts that we both helped around at. It had become kind of a passion of his and I gladly helped along.

I actually quit the whole tattooing thing not too long after the family empire became mine, because there was always a lot that they needed me to do. For now, though, I was on pregnancy leave. Thank god.

I was a little over 30 weeks along and things were going great. We knew we were having a baby girl and Oliver was honestly beyond ecstatic. I'm pretty sure he even cried a little when we went to our first appointment to see her.

Josh called her a traitor because apparently Oliver had once said, many years ago, that if he'd ever have a son; he'd name him after Josh. Well, too bad my friend, that's not going to happen.

"Do you ever miss it?" Oliver then suddenly asked me.

I frowned down at him. "Miss what?"

"Your old life- the private schools, the banquets, the big mansion, the rich and clean neighborhood, all that sorta stuff."

I shook my head and smiled. "No, not at all." I told him confidently. "If I did then I wouldn't have sold the mansion. But I like it here. I feel like this is who I really am. Besides, I have you, what more do I need?"

God that sounded so cheesy. But it was the truth. I was more than happy exactly where I was. I had made great friends over the years and it felt like I fell in love with Oliver even more as the days went by.

"You're amazing. I love you." Oliver then whispered before pecking my lips again.

"I love you too, Oli."

THE. END.

that was probably really shitty, I'm sorry. thanks for reading this!!! it was fun to write while it lasted :)