Chapter 9

**Oliver's POV** 

(well that's unexpected, innit?)

"Here, have a drink!" Kellin beamed, pushing a red cup into Katrina's hands. We had only been here- in Vic and Kellin's flat if you needed to know- for like five whole minutes, and everyone was more than interested in her presence.

Katrina hesitantly smelled at the drink, to which I laughed quietly. Everything this girl did was either adorable or amusing. The smile hardly left my face whenever she was around, it was almost painful. It was like she was a child, exploring the world for the first time. And I suppose, in a way it was.

"What is it? It smells sweet." She questioned Kellin.

I snickered. "Did you give her one of your fruity gay drinks?"

"It's not gay." Kellin snapped, shooting me a glare, only making me laugh more as a result. He then turned back to Katrina and smiled. "It's blueberry flavored vodka. Trust me, it's easier to drink than straight vodka. That shit burns the fuck out of your throat. And... it simply tastes better." He told her.

"I-I don't know, really." Katrina muttered, slightly nervous as she held the cup back in Kellin's direction.

He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at her, unimpressed. "Let me guess, you've have never drank anything other than alcohol free champagne at those terrible parties that my parents throw." He murmured, rolling his eyes dramatically at the word parents.

Katrina nodded, the innocence radiating off her. "Come on, love, have the drink, you'll be fine." I ushered reassuringly, resting my arm around her shoulder.

She bit her bottom lip as she looked up at me. Fuck, that looked sexy. "I don't know." She said once again. "I don't think I'd be very good at being drunk." She then added with a lighthearted chuckle.

"No one's good at being drunk, love, that's half the fun." I told her with a grin.

I wasn't quite sure what happened, but next thing I knew, Katrina put the cup to her lips and downed the entire thing in just seconds.

"Well fuck." Kellin laughed, his eyes wide. Katrina coughed for a moment and shoved the empty cup back into his hands. "Well I guess she wants another one." He then said, grabbing the bottle off the table behind him and filling up the cup again.

"What? No!" Katrina protested. But Kellin shoved the cup back into her hands anyway.

"The trick is to sip it, love." I then whispered to Katrina. "As long as your cup ain't empty, they won't refill it. It's kind of a rule 'round here that no one should ever be left without a drink."

Katrina frowned, but nodded in understanding, taking a small sip from her drink this time. I glanced at Kellin, giving him a sideways nod as to tell him to bugger off before he'd end up getting her too drunk. He just smiled, satisfied, and fluttered back off to his boyfriend.

The party wasn't all too crowded. Mostly it was people from the building. I lived just down the hall myself, so I could generally drink and use whatever the fuck I wanted and still manage to crawl back home. I knew my limits, but most of the time I simply couldn't be arsed to care.

However, tonight I was being a lil' bit more careful. I knew from plenty experience that I turned into a horny, irritating bastard when I got seriously trashed. And though I had to admit, I was in fact interested in Katrina that way, a voice in the back of my head told me that it was not the way to go.