Chapter 3

I had gone down to the community center early that Saturday morning. My father had gotten really drunk the night before. Once again he portrayed his anger for my mere existence and ended up slapping me in the face multiple times, then leaving the mess he made in the kitchen for me to clean up.

He was bad drunk, but he was worse hungover.

I had never drunk a drop of alcohol in my life. Surely I was allowed to, I was of age. But seeing how my father became when he drank, it just wasn't that appealing to me.

My boss, Jared, hadn't arrived to the community center yet, meaning the doors were still locked. So I just waited outside, making myself as comfortable as I could be on a bench in front of the center, as the chilly morning air blew through my hair.

Eventually I heard a car stop, only a few feet away from me. I smiled as I tucked my hair behind my ear, freeing my face, expecting it was my boss. But instead, four other people emerged from the vehicle.

Three of them were in orange jumpsuits. The fourth one was dressed in tight black jeans, a white dress shirt, a loosely knotted tie around his neck, and a beanie covering his brown curly hair. He had something familiar about him.

The three in the jumpsuits I did recognize by now, although I still didn't know all of their names. I did spot that one of the three was Oliver, the one that had come to introduce himself to me the other day. I still wasn't quite sure what to think of that.

The other one was the heavily tattooed one with the snapback, who already was making his way to exactly where I was. But then my eyes landed on the third one. The short raven-haired guy. He stepped out in front of the car to the neatly dressed one, compared to the rest mind you, and attempted to kiss him.

The other however, turned his cheek. "Oh come on babe, are you still mad at me for this?" He pleaded to the slightly shorter brown haired guy in front of him.

"Yes, Kellin, I am. My brother I understand, I mean he's always hung out with the wrong crowd, but you! I'm so disappointed, Kells."

Kellin. So the raven-haired guy was named Kellin. That was good to know. I tried to subtly look their way, being only mildly interested in their conversation. Okay, I admit, I was really interested. I wasn't used to seeing a man attempting to kiss another man. Where I came from, it was fairly frowned upon, although I never quite understood why.

Kellin wrapped his arms around the other guy's neck. "Baby, please forgive me? I didn't know your brother was dumb enough to let us get caught. It's only a few months." He spoke in an innocent tone.

The other guy didn't seem much impressed though. "Do you even realize how this will affect your life?" He asked incredulously.

"Only in ways that I will let it." Kellin said with a shrug. I really wondered what they all had done to be here. The guy clearly seemed upset and disappointed, so it probably wasn't something like stealing an old lady's purse.

"Oh, I know a fun way!" The raven-haired guy piped up in an excited tone. I could just see from this distance how a smirk spread across his face as he looked intently at the guy in front of him. "How about tonight we do some role playing? I'll be the naughty inmate then you can be the frustrated prison guard and fuck the living daylights out of me. You can let your anger and disappointment out on me all you want, baby."

I felt my face turn bright red when I realized what he was talking about. Oh my lord, were they all so foul-mouthed and sexual around here?

"Ugh, totally gross, isn't it?" Someone then asked, distracting me from my thoughts. Although I never quite tore away my eyes from the couple that was now heavily making out in front of the car. "I mean, I'm not against gays or whatever, but this is my brother. It's just... eww."