Chapter 20

Oliver smiled anyway, even when I didn't reply. "Come on, love, don't tell me that you don't have feelings for me? I know you can't resist my charm and amazing accent." He said, a sly smile spreading across his face.

I chuckled softly. "Right, the accent, that totally does it." I murmured, causing him to laugh.

"Oh you know it does."

I sighed a little and glanced back down the hall. I frowned and watched the unknown girl as she suddenly buckled and slumped down on her ass on the floor, her head faintly bobbing left and right.

"What about her?" I then asked as I pointed at the heap of mess.

Oliver grabbed me by the hand that was pointing at her and held it in both of his. "She means absolutely nothing to me, love. Less than nothing, even. She's just my psychotic, junkie ex. She's a terrible person. But you- you're amazing, love. You make me a better person."

I felt a genuine smile creep up to my face. Did he really feel that way about me? How was that even possible?

"So, please, be mine? I mean, unless you really don't want to, that is."

"I do want to."

Oliver's own smile then grew from ear to ear, laced with satisfaction. "Well that's settled then." Wow, I... I guess it was. This day had definitely taken a couple seriously unexpected turns. Oliver was my boyfriend now, and my heart fluttered at the mere idea of it.

"Now that it's official, I am taking you out on a date tonight." He suddenly said, flashing me his usual flawless grin. My eyes widened with surprise. I definitely didn't peg Oliver for a dates type of guy. But then, he managed to surprise me quite often anyway. "Just let me get rid of her first." He then murmured, cocking his head towards the now passed out girl down the hall as he took his cell out of his pocket.

He dialed a number and held the phone to his ear, smiling when whomever he was calling finally picked up. "Joshua, love of my life! How are ya, you tosser?" He beamed excitedly. "Oh I'm grand, mate." He then answered, presumably getting the same question in return. He gave me a quick wink and then turned to the side, exhaling deeply. "Well darling, you need to come pick up your sister for me ... Yeah she's been a real pain in my arse again ... Well it looks like she's taking a kip in front of my flat, so you really need to just pick her up, mate ... Stop being such a skive, Josh ... Bloody hell she is your sister, mate, I don't really give a rat's arse what happens to her, but since I love you and all, I just thought I'd give you a bell, let you know she's lost the plot again."

Half of what Oliver said didn't even make sense to me, but it all sounded pretty funny to say the least.

After a few more minutes of exchanging words and laughs, Oliver said goodbye to his friend, telling him how he will love him eternally, before finally hanging up.

"Word of advice: never date your best mate's sister." He then muttered as he looked down at his phone, frowning, and then slid it back into his pocket.

I snickered softly. "Duly noted."

Oliver finally smiled up at me, giving me a bit of a cheeky grin as his eyes scanned around my face. "What?" I asked him, chuckling shyly.

"Nothing, you're just amazing, that's all." I could feel the blush rise to my cheeks in an instant. He then grabbed my hand and connected his lips to my forehead. "Let's go."

We left the apartment building and walked down the parking lot, where an unfamiliar guy came towards us. He was about my age, a little scruffy, but he had a friendly look about him. "Oi, mate!" The guy yelled, raising his hand in the air.

Oliver looked up, spotting the guy that held the same British accent in his voice as he did, and smiled instantly. "Joshua, you beautiful human being." He beamed happily.

Ah, so this was Joshua... or Josh, whichever. The one he undoubtedly meant by his 'best mate' whose sister should never be dated. Whose sister was lying passed out in front of Oliver's door. Okay then.

"She still up there?" Josh asked Oliver as he approached us, pointing his finger at the apartment building behind us.

"I'd assume so. I wasn't exactly going to wait around, y'know." Oliver simply told him. "I've got better things to do." He then added, raising our interlocked hands up to show his friend.

Josh's eyebrows rose in shock. "Oliver Sykes holding hands with a girl? Elly must be gutted. Is that why she's getting her panties in a twist over you again?" He spoke as a grin gradually spread across his face.

Oliver scoffed. "The only thing she gets her panties in a twist over is not getting her pills, Joshy. That's all that ever mattered to the twat."

Josh shrugged and nodded, agreeing to Oliver's statement.

"Anyway, as of today, this is my girlfriend, Katrina." He then said before turning towards me. "Love, this is Josh, the light of my life. Well, besides you, of course."

I blushed and giggled at his words. He had become so affectionate towards me over the past few weeks, it was unbelievable. He so was not the person I thought he was when I first met him.

Never judge a book by its cover, I guess.

"Hi, Josh, nice to meet you." I said as I held out my hand to shake his.

Josh simply smiled and grabbed onto my hand, giving a kiss on it instead before he grinned up at me. "Pleasure's all mine." He said.

"Alright, alright, cut it out Joshua. No need to pretend that you're more charming than I am." Oliver chuckled as he swatted his free hand at Josh's so he'd let go of mine.

"Oh but I am." Josh then simply stated. "Anyway, I'll go get my sister sorted. Wouldn't be bloody surprised if she needed her stomach pumped again." He muttered bitterly as he rolled his eyes.

I cringed at the thought of it. It wasn't like I ever had it done, but the mere idea of it freaked me out a little.

"Thank you, darling. Try to keep her off my back, will'ya?" Oliver then wrapped his free arm around Josh's neck and pecked his cheek, making extra noise for dramatic effect. "Love ya."

Josh wiped the side of his face and chuckled. "Yeah, you too, you nutter." He said before walking past us. I could definitely tell that the two of them were close. Like, shamelessly close. It was actually kind of cute. I wished I had a friend like that, though.

Oliver smiled down at me and tightened his grip on my hand in an affectionate way, before leading us out of the parking lot and down a couple of streets.

"So where are we going exactly?" I decided to ask, once I stopped recognizing where we were.

"It's a surprise."