Chapter 13

you kids and your comments... I fucking love you. so here's another update!

--------------------

My father wasn't lying when he said as soon as possible. Only a few days had passed and the preparations for the wedding were already fully set in motion.

And of course, the entire community was aware of it. Just the other day I was dragged to the Bostwicks because Mrs. Bostwick apparently hired a tailor to measure me up and design a dress that would be fitting for my 'stature'. It was just horrible.

I was able to have a quick conversation and talk to Kailey about what was really going on, but she already put the pieces together, showing me nothing but sympathy. It was kind, but honestly didn't get me very far.

Because here I was...

"Roses or Lilies, which would you prefer, darling?" Jamie asked me as he flipped through the pages of some floral magazine. "Roses are ironically romantic, but the possibilities in colors for the Lilies are so exciting. What do you think?"

"I don't fucking care." I grumbled below my breath.

"What was that?" He then snapped, smacking the magazine down onto the table, making me flinch as a result. I really, really did not like this guy.

"I said how about Angel's Trumpets?" I then suggested, throwing Jamie my best fake, sarcastic smile.

He grabbed the magazine again and continued to flip through the pages as he laughed. "Don't be silly, darling. Those are poisonous." He said.

Yeah, that was the whole idea, you prick.

"I was thinking, for our honeymoon, we should head out to visit an exotic island. Heck, perhaps we can buy it while we're there!" Ugh, can I throw up now? "I'm sure your dead mother wouldn't mind if we used a bit of her money to do that." Jamie then added, an awful smirk crossing his lips.

I gasped and looked at him in disgust. How dare he! I was about to reach over and stomp him where I knew it hurt the most- something Andy had told me he did to one of the guys he found when he walked in on his girlfriend cheating on him- but before I could get there, Jamie had already grabbed onto my wrist.

"Now, now, darling. I can't blame you for wanting me, but try to contain yourself until our wedding night, all right? That will make it so much more special." He taunted, that same smirk never faltering.

I yanked my wrist from his grip and got up. "You are absolutely disgusting. Don't think for one second that I would ever want to sleep with you!" I seethed before marching off.

Before I knew it though, Jamie grabbed onto my shoulder, flipped me around and slammed me into the nearest wall. "Your father promised us forty percent of the money that your mother left behind, and part ownership in your family's business legacy. Don't you dare screw that up for us." He snarled at me, keeping me pinned up against the wall with his arm firmly against my chest.

He then smirked and leaned in; I could feel his breath near my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "And for the record, I don't actually care what you want. However, as my wife, you will do what I want." He slowly whispered. And with a quick peck on my cheek, he smiled like nothing had happened and finally walked off.

Tears sprung to my eyes. I felt miserable and absolutely sick to my stomach. This was definitely not how I imagined my life to be at all. This was not how I thought I'd end up.

I missed my mother.

I missed Oliver.

Heck, I even missed my job.