Chapter 19

**Katrina's POV**

I had a short day at work, but it was nice. I liked working with Remy. He was funny and extremely talented. He told me that if I wanted to, he could teach me the basics of tattooing whenever the shop wasn't all too busy.

He said he could get pigskin from the butchers on which I could practice (yes, seriously, that's how I learned it too). And I was excited to start on that.

I had gotten a tattoo myself on my first day in the shop, and though it hurt quite a bit, it was actually less than I expected. Remy said that it was because I had experienced worse pains before -the car accident in this case- and that it's how my body built up a sort of resistance, making the amount of pain I could handle more than I would've before the accident.

So after leaving the shop a bit early, I went to a store and got myself some paper and pens to practice drawing. Surprisingly, I found out that I wasn't actually bad at it. No one should ask me to do a portrait, or anything really detailed, but just about anything else would do.

Maybe someday Oliver would let me tattoo him.

I snorted at that idea, though. The man hardly had any untouched skin left on his body. Well, not much that I knew of anyway. His sides still had some room, and so did his legs... I didn't know anything about the parts that I hadn't seen, though.

And soon enough, my mind started wandering. I blushed at the mere thought of admitting to myself that Oliver had a really nice butt. But hey, he did.

I chuckled, biting my lip as I rolled my eyes at my own silliness. I stopped myself from wandering any further and focused back on the drawing that I was working on. I was attempting to make a geometrical shape with circles, squares, dots and what not. And I suppose it wasn't too bad so far.

Suddenly I heard some commotion in the hallway, breaking my concentration in the process. And as curious as I was, I decided to take a look. I opened up the front door of the apartment and stepped out, only to be faced with something that made my heart want to leap out of my throat and run away.

It was Oliver flat out sucking face -as Alysha would so put it- with some girl who I had never seen before. And honestly, the sight of that really, really hurt me. It actually hurt lot more than I even expected it to.

"I-I see that I've overstayed my welcome here." I muttered softly, fighting back the tears that I knew were already trying to burst out.

Oliver pulled away from the girl, giving her a weird look before facing towards me. I stared at the girl momentarily, who just leaned against the wall and grinned at Oliver, completely ignoring my presence.

"I'll just go." I finally said. I quickly pushed myself past Oliver and marched down the hallway at a fast pace.

"Katrina, hold on!" Oliver called out to me. And I could hear his footsteps getting closer.

I folded my arms around myself, in a sort of protecting way, trying to comfort myself by repeating in my head how foolish it was that I was so upset. I mean, we weren't even together. And what the hell was I thinking, expecting that we could actually be something more than whatever we were before?

Oliver didn't want me like that.

Sadly, that didn't stop me from feeling the way I felt about him though.

"Katrina, let me explain. Please, love, just listen."

He put his hand on my shoulder as I waited in front of the elevator. I could feel the tears starting to fall. He didn't force me to turn around, but I did it anyway. Something in me wanted him to see how upset I was.

"First of all, that wasn't what it looked like." Oliver started, but I soon stopped him from saying anything else.

"Well to me that looked like a pretty good reason for me to not stay." I simply said, becoming slightly impatient for the arrival of the elevator.

Oliver scoffed at that comment. "Oh please, love, you should be punching her in the face for what just happened."

I glared at him, for the first time ever, and quickly wiped away my tears. He knew I wasn't the type to punch someone. Besides, from my point of view it looked like he was kissing her, so shouldn't it be him who should be receiving the punches here?

"I understand what that looked like, all right? But I swear, the stupid twat wouldn't leave me alone and she pulled me onto her. That's all it was."

Did I believe him, though? I knew I wanted to, more than anything, but...

"That still doesn't give me a reason to stay." I choked out.

"You want a reason to stay?" Oliver then asked me, his eyebrows rising as he looked at me. "Fine love, I'll give you a reason to stay."

What happened then was entirely unexpected. I honestly expected Oliver to blow up on me or something, but instead he launched himself towards me, cupping my face into his hands before firmly, almost desperately, connecting his lips with mine.

As if out of pure instinct, like it was completely normal, I kissed him back.

Eventually though, he pulled away again. He kept his hands on my face, stroking my cheeks with his thumbs as he rested his forehead against my own and looked straight into my eyes. "If I asked you to be mine, would that be enough reason for you to stay?" He then softly asked me.