Chapter 26

"Alright, sit on your hands, I don't want you to spaz out and hit me, okay?" Remington instructed as he snapped the latex gloves onto his hands. He grabbed the weird, staple-like machine and moved towards me. "Now relax, here it comes." He announced with a wide smile, after putting it in the right place.

A loud pang echoed through the back of the shop, and I could feel it throughout my entire head too. "Fuck!" I exclaimed, although it was more the shock doing that than the actual pain.

Remington snickered at my reaction. "Trust me babe, you should be glad that I did it like this." He then handed me a tissue so I could wipe away the few little droplets of blood.

As he started cleaning up his small working area, I heard the front door opening and closing. I quickly bounced off the stool, becoming momentarily dizzy before I made my way to the front of the shop, surprised when I saw it was Oliver and Lynn.

"Ello love, you done for the day?" Oliver asked me, smiling widely.

"Pretty much." I simply replied.

He then pecked my lips and called out to Lynn behind him, who was still facing the window side of the shop. "I have a surprise." He said, taking something out of Lynn's arms as she slowly turned around.

I heard a small squeal, not really sure what it was coming from, until Oliver finally turned back to me. I awwed like a crazy person when I spotted the black and brown colored, pointy-eared puppy in his arms.

I reached out my hand, wanting to pet the little thing on the head, but it instantly began licking my hand instead. "Oh my god." I squealed in awe.

Oliver smiled, bouncing the little puppy up and down in his arms. "He likes you." He said, kissing the adorable bugger's head.

"He's so cute. Is he yours?" I then asked Lynn.

She snorted and shook her head in amusement. "No love, he's ours. I was at the animal shelter earlier for a job and this little shit just wouldn't leave me alone."

I gave Oliver an incredulous look. "Ours?"

He simply nodded. "Yes, ours. His name is Oskar. I mean- come on, love; look at the little shit's face. He's adorable."

Yeah, I had to agree, with his tiny little face and his huge eyes and pointy ears, he was pretty much the cutest thing I had ever seen. Well, apart from how cute Oliver looked when he was sleeping. The two of them together was surely going to be the death of me.

"Love, did you get your nose pierced?" Oliver then suddenly asked, narrowing his eyes at me and frowning in amusement.

I simply nodded and chuckled, still feeling it pulsing in that general area. "She did, and she took it like a man." Remington stated as he finally came out of the back of the shop.

"Ah goodie, you're here! Time to do me and have me take it like a man!" Lynn said with excitement. "And I know how that just sounded."

Everyone laughed for a moment, before Lynn made her way with Remy to his working station. "Ready to go home?" Oliver then asked me. I simply nodded and smiled.

I grabbed my coat from the rack and said goodbye to the two in the back. Oliver handed Oskar to me and I held him in my arms as he opened up the door. "Such a gentlemen." I teased with a sincere smile.

Oliver chuckled lightly, running a hand through his hair. "I can be, occasionally."

Oskar rested comfortably in my arms as we walked back to the apartment building. He yawned at one point and let out a cute little bark before putting his head back down on my arm.

Oliver showing up with a puppy was something I definitely did not expect, but it just proved to me even more how much of a big heart he had. I wished I could let my mom meet him. She'd surely disapprove at first, but once she would get to know him she would've seen just how sweet and caring he really was.

Then out of nowhere, an arm suddenly swung around my neck, pulling me tightly against the person's chest. I gasped in shock, protectively keeping my arms around Oskar as I felt something cold and sharp digging into my cheek.

Oliver immediately reacted by reaching out to me, but then the person holding me stepped back. "Don't come any closer!" The man snarled. And I could feel the sharp object piercing my skin, making me wince.

Oliver's nostrils flared in anger while Oskar began to whine in my arms. "What do you want?" Oliver demanded to know.

"You know what!" The man then yelled, like it should have been obvious. "It's been too long, I need it." His voice was shaky and he sounded desperate.

Oliver rolled his eyes and groaned. "Mate, I don't deal anymore, get with it." But that didn't make the guy let go of me. "Look, I'll give you the number of a different dealer, all right? Just seriously, don't hurt her."

He stayed as calm as he could as he reached into his pocket to presumably grab his phone. The man who held me tightened his grip around my neck and I could hear his breath hitching in his throat. This guy was getting desperate.

He flinched when Oliver pulled out his phone, digging the knife that he held to my cheek deeper into me. I winced again, letting out a pained moan.

"Mate, if you wish to keep that hand, I suggest you take that knife out of my fiancée's face right now." Surprisingly enough, the man did as he was told and removed his hand, dropping the knife on the ground, and then holding his hand over my stomach instead.

"Recite your number to me." Oliver then told him. The man did just that while Oliver typed away on his phone. "All right, I sent you a text with the dealer's information. Now let go of her and get the bloody hell out of here."

Finally, I was released, and the man quickly scurried off down the alley. I could still feel my heart beating in my throat, but somehow I was more worried about shaking little Oskar in my arms.

I gently rubbed my hand over his back as Oliver approached me. "Are you okay, love?" He asked in a careful tone.

I gave him a quick nod. "Yeah, let's just go home."

He grabbed my hand and we crossed the street, a little quicker in our pace than usual. Once back in the apartment, I set Oskar down on the ground and made my way to the couch, where he immediately followed and jumped up on the armrest.

Oliver sat down beside me only seconds later with a wet cloth in hand. "I should've killed him simply for scarring your beautiful face." He growled below his breath as he carefully dabbed the cloth onto my cheek, wiping away the blood that had clearly run down the side of my face.

I smiled a little at his comment. Kill him, yeah right. Like he'd ever.

"You didn't tell me that you stopped dealing." I then said in a small voice, breaking his concentration from the cut on my face.

His eyes flicked up to mine and he smiled. "Yeah, I already decided that I wanted to stop a while ago, but then that arsehole kidnapped you and things didn't quite go as planned. But I've stopped now. I don't want that kind of future with you. I'm sorry that this had to happen, love."

"It's alright." I told him sincerely. "I love you."

Oliver's smile grew from ear to ear, lighting up his face, just the way I liked seeing him. "I love you too."

I leaned in and softly pressed my lips against his, only to be interrupted by Oskar jumping on my lap and starting to lick both of our faces. We both chuckled and pulled back, looking at the little intruder.

"If you wanted a kiss too, you could just ask, Oskar." Oliver pointed out before planting a playful kiss on the top of his head, to which he barked in response.

--------------------

one more chapter to go, aye!