Chapter 16

boring-ass filler chapter but it's necessary for the story sorry!

--------------------

Like every morning, Oliver left with the others to do their hours of community service. The first few days, I sat in Oliver's apartment by myself, watching tv and afraid to go out. Now, however, Lynn had joined me. At first I wasn't so sure about it, but I ended up quite enjoying her company. She was nice.

I had just finished telling her basically my entire background story, but her only response to all of that was, "So have you two done the do yet?"

I gave Lynn a questioning look. "Done the what?"

She gave me a skeptical look and then started laughing. "That means sex, Katrina." She pointed out like it should have been obvious.

I could instantly feel my cheeks grow a little hot. And not that it was any of her business, but... "No, we haven't." I told her honestly.

That's when Lynn stopped laughing, her eyebrows perking up in the process. "Shit, he really does like you. I mean, you must be really fucking special if you can turn off Oliver-commitment-issues-Sykes. I can't even remember the last time he was this serious. Usually he just hooks up with some girl, fucks her once, maybe twice, and then he moves on to the next. But you..." I cringed at the way she spoke about him. I mean, what Oliver did was his business. Even though I really, really liked him, it wasn't like we were actually together. I didn't even know what we were.

"Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear that from me." Lynn then spoke softly, I guess having noticed the look of discomfort on my face.

"Have you and him- you know?" I just had to ask, didn't I?

"Him and me?" She asked incredulously, before finally bursting into a fit of laughter. "Fuck no. Eww. That would be like fucking my brother, that's disgusting." She then exclaimed. And for some reason I felt relieved.

We ended up talking about how she met Oliver and how he was drunk off his face, shamelessly flirting with her when they did. She admitted that he was charming, but seriously not interested in him in that way. She never was. And I believed her. Her story was quite funny too, actually.

"Speaking of that bar, we should totally get a drink sometime. How about we go now? Oliver shouldn't be back until way later. You can have some fun."

"But it's the middle of the day." I pointed out with a slightly nervous chuckle. That wasn't the real reason as to why I didn't want to go, though. "And I really can't go out. What if somebody recognizes me and tells my father?"

Lynn sighed, crossing her arms. "Well you can't just hide in this boring apartment for the rest of your life." She murmured sourly. It's not like I wanted to, I just didn't really have much of a choice.

I was sure that they were looking for me. My father was more than desperate for the money.

"Well, then we just make you less recognizable!" Lynn then suddenly piped up. I gave her a questioning look. "Get a haircut, change the color, start using some make-up, buy clothes you'd normally never wear... that could totally work."

"You think so?"

"I'm positive."

And before I knew it, Lynn was dragging me into a hair salon a few blocks away from the apartment building. Of course with every step I took outside, I was wary, but she kept assuring me that we were fine.

"How about red? I'm sure you'll look cute as a ginger." Lynn suggested.

I contemplated the idea, but dismissed it quickly. With my pale complexion it might've looked nice, but I didn't really like the idea all that much. Hell, I didn't like the idea at all. I was a natural blonde... which became nearly white during the summer time when the sun made it even lighter. I honestly had no idea if anything would look good on me.