22

The rustles of magazines being turned every so often, filled my ears. Soft steps of nurses bustling around the waiting room made a continuous rhythm. Couples sitting around, chat mindlessly about what gender they will like the child to be. Scar's hands encased mines and her nimble thumbs timidly brushed to the top of my hands. I leaned further into her and wrapped my arm around her torso.

Being affectionate with her came naturally now and I loved that, yet hated it. Her scent engulfed my nostrils and I sighed loudly.

"Are you scared?" I asked softly.

"I'm scared for you." She smiled down at me while I watched up.

"What if the baby dies?"

"James won't die!" She assured.

"Miss Sydney Pearson?" The nurse called.

Scar and I both stood and walked to her.

"Right this way. The doctor will see you now."

I nod in acceptance and followed her. Scar grasped my hand and smiled down at me. I gave her a timid smile and continued walking. We entered a typical doctor's office. A blonde lady stood at the cabinet with a file in her hand.

"Doctor Mitchell!" The nursed called. Doctor Mitchell turned around and smiled when she saw us.

"Ahh! You must be Scar Kenneth and Sydney Pearson."

Scar smirked and shook her hand while I did the same.

"So who is having the baby?" She queried.

"I am!" I said.

"Okay! Do you have a potential sperm donor or do you need a look through our books?"

"We will be using my brother's sperm." Scar smiled.

"I see! And whose egg will we be using?"

"Hers!" Scar and I said at the same time. We turned to each other and laughed.

"We haven't decided yet but most likely it will be Scar's egg." I assured.

"Alright. So I'll give you a quick check up to finalize that you have no health issues and then I'll give you ovulation tablets. In the next two weeks you will come back and we will impregnate you." She chuckled.

"Okay!" I laughed lightly.

"Why don't you lay on the bed and I'll be with you shortly." She stated.

I nod and walked over to the bed and laid down. Scar walked over to me and pecked my lips softly.

"We're gonna have a baby!" She beamed.

"We are."

"You need to leave Kelly!" She stated with a stern voice.

"I know!"

"Today."

"What? No!" I sat up and glared at her.

"Sydney you need to pick. You say you love me, yet you're still with her. What are you holding on to?"

"Its not that simple Scar."

"Well explain it to me, because I'm lost." She glared.

"We have an apartment together."

"You can live with me."

"We're engaged."

"You're having my baby."

"Scar..."

"Okay are you ready for the tests?" Doctor Mitchell smiled as she walked into the room.