chapter21

I woke up to a head of black hair flared out around my pillow. I smiled as I remembered last night.

"Good morning baby!" I smiled and kissed her head.

She turned around and smiled, "good morning!"

An ear piercing scream ripped through my throat and I collapsed to the floor.

"Sydney!" She screamed and rushed too my side.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I live here." She said confused.

"Why is your hair black?"

"I dyed it. You like!" She said and wiggled her eyebrows.

I stared confused at her and signs of hurt flashed across her face. "No baby it looks nice. I was just shocked, that's all."

She beamed and hugged me around my neck. "We have an appointment with the wedding planner this afternoon."

"Wedding planner?"

"Yes the wedding planner!"

I sighed and removed her hands from around my neck. "Don't you think you're moving a bit too fast?"

"No why? I want too get married by new years!"

"New years!" My shout sounded exasperated.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I have to go to the office."

"I'll come with you!"

"Alone!" I stressed.

"Well alright. Just be back by four."

"Will do."

I got up and rushed to the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and dialled Scar's number. "Where the fuck are you?" I whisper shouted.

"Your dense fiancé came home this morning and I fled." She shouted back.

"She didn't see you!?"

"No she didn't!"

"Good!" I sighed, "I'll call you later." I said and hung up. I quickly jumped in the bathroom and got ready for work.

By the time I was dressed and out of the house, Maggie called. "Pearson!"

"Yes Maggie!"

"We need you to come down to the precinct."

"Why is my expertise needed?"

"Is that an attitude in your verbal intentions?"

"It's what ever you see it to be!"

"Just get your ass down here!" She yelled and hung up.

I sighed and drove away from the curb. An instant smile came too my face as I remembered how I finally opened up myself to Scar. I allowed myself too love her without complications and that's what I plan to do. My love for her has grown over these past weeks and it never been better.

I remember how she asked me to have her child. My heart kept telling me yes but my body told me no. Throughout everything I will love to actually have a nice American family with Scar. A picket fence, maybe some dogs. The only thing stopping us from that dream is my constant lies and betrayal. This façade I kept up for this entire false relationship. I even brought her best friend and brother into this. I'm sure that she is by his bed side right now. Her love for her brother goes that extra mile and I witnessed it first hand.

From the moment her brother was brought in till the time he woke up, she stayed by his side. I almost ruined that. Scar would never forgive me once she finds out and I won't blame her. I tried everything too keep her from finding out.