14

I sat in my office at seven in the night. Why? Because when I'm stressed I need something to keep my mind occupied. Seeing Scar brought back so many emotions. To be honest, I missed her. I hate going home to Kelly, because I imagine coming home to Scar. Why can't she come out of my mind? I need to appreciate the little things in life. That being my wonderful girlfriend.... Well mildly wonderful. She has been really clingy these past weeks and its annoying.

I wake up extra early every morning and comes home late every night, just to avoid her. Sometimes I even forget that she works with me. I hate seeing her at work, so I stay at the firm most of the time.

"Miss Pearson!" I looked at the door and saw my new assistant Jennifer.

"Yes!"

"Your girlfriend is on line two." She smiled. I nod and sighed in annoyance.

I rubbed my temples before picking up the phone. "Hi there darlin'!" I grimaced.

"Hello Kelly. What seems to be the problem?"

"Problem you say! I don't know, maybe its because my girlfriend is not home at seven in the night!" She bellowed.

"Are you catching an attitude with me Kelly?"

"Sydney...," she sighed, "Why are you avoiding me? Are we having problems in our relationship?" The pitiful thing sound almost tearful.

I sighed, "no baby! I'm just stressed that's all. I'll be home by eight."

"Okay baby. I love you!"

"You too!"

No I don't love the woman. I merely like her. I'm with her because of lust. Yes lust! The woman is wild in bed. A total tigress.

I packed up my things and grabbed my keys and walked out my office. "Jenny, you're free to go!"

"Okay Miss Pearson!"

I nod my head and walked out of the firm. The area was slightly empty. Only sounds being heard is the click of my heels and the jingling of my keys. I approached my car and saw a man leaning casually against it.

"Excuse! That car you're leaning on is over your bank account so move away." I frowned.

"Feisty, I like it!" His voice was hoarse and his teeth was slightly crooked. I frowned at his appearance and realized he was holding a gun in his hand.

I smirked, such an ass. "Hand over the keys darling!"

"How about..... No!"

"Then I'll just pry it from you then!" He shouted and rushed forward. I got ready to defend myself but a loud crack was heard. I watched as the man fell to the floor, unconscious or even dead. I watched up and scowled.

"Always have to save the damsel in distress." She smirked.

"I was fully capable of defending myself." I scowled.

"Sure you were! Why are you even here this hour?" She frowned.

"I was at work!" I scowled.

"At night!" She frowned.

"Yes Scar!" I scowled and walked to my car. I opened the door and got in.

"A thank you would of been nice!" She shouted. I rolled my eyes but was internally smiling. She still cared.

I pushed my keys in the ignition but it refused to start. I frowned and tried again. And again, till I realized it won't work. I laughed sarcastically and banged my head on the steering wheel. A knock on the glass stopped me from murdering my car and my head.