18

Her heartbeat pounding against her chest, Scar gripped the hilt of her blade. In a swift motion, she brought down her blade onto the dummy ninja. The stuffing flew out leaving a loose tendril of cloth sprawled onto the floor. She smiled at her work and placed her blade down. She then walked over to her punching bag and began hitting it rapidly. She knew tonight wouldn't end well, but she was okay with that. Her main focus was to finally take over the city, and this is the only way. Eliminating all enemy gangs. After her rapid rounds of hits and punches, she finally collapsed. She wiped the sweat off of her face and exhaled. The ringing of her cell phone alerted her. She answered quickly.

"Scar, it's time!"

Sydney paced her room, angry and worried. Its been two hours since she called Jinx and the raven haired girl, is still no where to be seen. There was a knock at her door and she rushed to it. She opened it and glared.

"Took you long enough!" She sneered. Her resistance was running low and all she could think about is saving Scar.

"Chill. Scar have been in the gym the whole day."

"What are we going to do?"

"The only way we can get Scar out of there, is if someone she loves get hurt!" Jinx smirked with a malicious glint in her eyes.

"Who is this said 'love person'?" Sydney questioned. She dreaded the answer but knew it was the only way.

"Malik!"

Scar walked through the warehouse with a tainted smile. She loved the rush of gang wars. She remembered her first war. Scar was thirteen at the time. It gave her such a thrill, running through doors and shooting any perpetrators that she come across. The black haired woman smiled at the memory. This will be her first gang war for the year and she was beyond ecstatic. She walked into the masonry and begun picking her weapons. An ivory blade sword was strapped to the side of her waist and two revolvers were in their holsters. Walking out of the masonry, she realized all of her gang members were already strapped and ready to go.

"Aviolo, get the cars ready!"

She dug into her pocket and took out a cigarette. She lit the cancer stick and inhaled the smoke. She slowly released the fumes and sighed. She knew not what tonight held, but she was ready. She wanted to show those Mexicans that she runs this town and not the other way around.

"Boss! We're ready to go."

She smiled and walked out into the open, sniffing the air.

"Smell that boys; victory!"

They all cheered and she smiled at their enthusiastic demeanor. Every one of her members looked ready to go. They piled into their cars and Scar proceeded to hers. Her phone rand and she recognized the number from when Angie was in the hospital.

"Hello."

Miss Kenneth. Your brother Malik was in a serious accident. Can you make it to the hospital?"

It felt as though all of her thoughts came crashing down to her. It happened again. He promised.

"No not again!" She yelled. Her anger rose and she quickly ordered Aviolo to captain the mission and jumped in her car, speeding off. On her way to the hospital her memories came flooding back. The blood, the heart ache and the pain. She couldn't go through that immense pain again.

She rushed through the double doors of the hospital and sped straight to the clerks booth.

"What room is Malik Kenneth in?" She asked with a cracked voice. She was almost on the verge of tears, thinking that a repeat of ten years ago will occur.