5

Sydney's P.O.V

It was inevitable that I didn't win the case, considering I am the best. I don't gloat about my winnings, so when Scar's boys got released, I simply nod and walked out of the court room.

The last person I wanted to see stood in front of me with a livid face. I scowled and walked to him.

"Why are you here?" I hissed.

"I am here because you are fraternizing with the enemy." Luther hissed.

I stared at him with my passive- aggressive expression. "Your point is. Last time I checked, that was my job. To get close to the suspect and let her confess to all of her crimes." I scowled at the agent in front of me.

"Yes you were. That does not involve lip locking with her." He said while pointing in Scar's direction.

I glanced at her and saw that she was staring directly at me with a prominent scowl.

"Listen Luther, a part of being an agent, is to get as close as you can to the enemy, and that's what I'm doing. Do not tell me how to do my job." I hissed venomously.

"I hope you are right Sydney, because Scar won't hesitate to kill you if she finds out." He said warningly.

I scoffed and walked away from him. I seriously need to begin my paper work both at the firm and at the precinct. I walked out of the building allowing the cool breeze to swarm my face. June, the time of cool pleasant breeze in Manhattan. I walked to my car, a red Mercedes Benz, 2016 E- class edition.

I hopped in and decided to go to the precinct first. It wasn't far from the court room so I arrived in approximately ten minutes. I walked into the precinct and over to the distinct table of Agent Francis.

"Francis, where is my affidavit?" I asked clearly annoyed.

"Good afternoon to you too." She muttered.

"Listen, I have no time for your idiosyncratic ways. Get me my affidavit." I hissed.

"Fine bitch. Here is your affidavit." She rolled her eyes.

I snatched the paper from her. "Do you have any intel on Scar?" I asked.

"No not yet. I do know that she is having a meeting tonight at twelve, with two other gang leaders. Maybe a conjoining of some sort." She said.

I nod." I'll see what I can find out."

"Pearson!" Maggie shouted.

"Do you have to be so boisterous?" I said.

"No. But its fun. Any who down to business. I need you to get some sort of Intel on that meeting Scar has. Go down to Kelly and get some software." She ordered.

"And how do you purpose I do that?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"You're the seductress, figure it out." She said insipid.

"Okay Maggie. You were so much help." I said with sarcasm dripping from every word.

"I'm glad you feel that way. Optimistic, I like it." She said pointedly.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my affidavit, ready to leave to go to Kelly.

"Syd," Francis called back.

"What?" I hissed.

"Party tomorrow night. You should come with me." She mused.

"And why will I do that?" I asked confused.

"Because it will be fun. You never do anything fun." She scowled.

"That's because I am a double agent, along as a lawyer. I have a gang leader on my tail and quite frankly she isn't the best person to be around. So no Francis, fun is not in my agenda. Work is, anything work related make sure and give me a shout."