Chapter 56: Question & Answer

Chapter 56

-----------------------------------
August

Leavin' O'Shae's parents house I was jus' a mess man. To say the least my heart is broken and I feel like the biggest asshole to walk this damn planet. Like I knew I fucked up before I even got over to the house, but hearin' how hurt she was, and jus' seein' her literally look like she was at the lowest point possible mentally, really fucked wit' my mind.

It's weird as hell to see O'Shae, somebody who doesn't complain often, doesn't wish bad on people, doesn't ever stop working, and just stays strong through everything, literally look drained and like they givin' up. That's weird and sad then a bitch because if I'm down who pick me up? Her. Now she don't even have enough strength to pick herself up and that's crazy and it pisses me off that, that fuckin' stupid ass nigga did this to her and made her feel like this and then it don't help that I had a hand in thangs too. But my main focus is this nigga and how the hell he still walkin' untouched.

I pulled into mama's driveway and jus' parked for a second to get myself together a lil bit. The news jus' got my mind all over the place and I jus' need to regroup and figure out what I'm gone do next and that's exactly why I came by mama's again. I hopped out the truck and went up to her door that was already opened but she had the screen locked. I ain't have to do nothin' because Kenzie came walkin' past and ran over to open the door for me.

"Uncle Aug, you back again." She stated once I walked in. "You comin' to get Lay Lay and Keyon?"

I nodded my head and walked into the living room and sat on the couch. "Yea, I'm gone take 'em home in a lil bit. Where they at?"

"Grandma back there givin' them a bath. Keyon pooped everywhere Uncle Aug, like this much." She explained before opening her arms wider. That made me laugh a little and made her smile. "That much baybeh?" I asked her.

"That much. Grandma say she thank he sick, and so did mama. They said his tummy heart and he got a fever."

"Oh really? Hmm well I'm gone have to go check my lil man out, but where yo mama go?" I asked her.

Recently Tavia and Kenzie been workin' on they relationship and Tavia been comin' around a lot so Kenzie been happier and stuff and I'm happy for them. I know she love her mama, but she was jus' hurtin' because of her actions. Clearly somethin' I know too much about so I caint judge nobody right nah.

She tol' me her mama had went to the store to grab something to eat for her and I nodded before gettin' up and goin' to the back to go check on the twins. I found them on mama's bed while she was puttin' a diaper on Layla and Keyon was jus' rollin' around in his towel. I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed where Keyon was, makin' him stop. He looked up at me and jus' lookin' at those eyes made me thank of Shae all over again and that horrible ass feelin' came back to me.

He rolled over and then got himself on all fours before crawling into my lap. I went ahead and picked him up and sat him on my lap before trynna fix his towel so his privates won't be all out. "Man, you got yo peanuts all out for the girls to see. Needa fix that."

"So what happened?" Mama finally spoke up after she got a shirt and pajama pants on Lay Lay. She through me a diaper and I laid Keyon down so I could put it on him and shrugged. "Nothin' good."

"I hope you ain't thank she was gone run back to you no problems or somethin'."

"I didn't, but I didn't expect for it to go how it did."

"How'd it go August? What all did she say?" She re-asked me.

Before I even got a chance to come drop the kids off O'Shae mama had called my mama to snitch on me and shit and explain the situation wit' Shae. So by time I got here to drop the twins off mama was heated wit' me, cussed me out and errythang and tol' me I needed to apologize and try to make it up to her.