Chapter 9: Its Levels To This

Chapter 9

--------------------------------
O'Shae

Feeling August's lips on mine made me melt back into old feelings for just a little over a split second. Once I realized what the hell was going on I pushed August away gently. He looked down at me and we just stared at one and other for a little bit. He tried to pull me into him again, but I wiggled away from him and turned to grab my stuff that I dropped, off the floor.

I walked past him heading for the door again, but he came over and stood in front of it. "Wait Shae, come on ma, don't leave." He pleaded.

"I need to get home to my boyfriend. "

"Shae don't do that, I know you felt somethin' wit' me." He stated.

I huffed and dragged a hand through my hair. He reached out and grabbed my hand pulling me back towards the mixing board. This time he sat down on it, while I still stood in front of him letting him continue to hold my hand.

When I brought up the thing about things being different between us I didn't mean to give him a pass to kiss me. I was just kind of thinking aloud and yea maybe got back into some old feelings for a bit, but it wasn't me trying to say that I want whatever "could have been" with him. It was just me talking.

"August I seriously need to go home. I won't tell Jaycee about this or anything, I just gotta go home." I explained trying to remove my hand from his but he kept a grip on me.

"Shae stop, I'm serious." He demanded while trynna look at my face. "I still love you Shae."

I shook my head and finally looked back up at him to see the sincerity written all over his face. That's what made things worst, that he honestly meant what he just said, but he has a girl. A great girl at home who thinks he's in love with her.

"August you can not say that." I stated seriously.

"And why not if it's how I feel?"

"Because you have a girlfriend! One that thinks you guys are so in love that you're going to propose to her!"

He licked his lips and shook his head. "Okay, but I caint sit here and act like I don't still got feelings for you! A nigga ain't gone sit here and act like he wouldn't drop everything for you today if you asked."

Now I really didn't want to hear that mess. He can't want to be spewing all of these things years after the whole Aug and O'Shae period. We're done and here he is saying the things that I wanted to hear all those years ago. It's not fair to me that he's coming to this revelation when I've moved on.

"Okay, but why are you telling me what I've wanted to hear from you all those years ago, now? I wanted you to drop what you were doing back then to pick up the phone for me or for you to fly out to see me, but you couldn't. Now that I'm more convenient for you, you're ready to do all of that? How is that fair to me or even Jaycee?"

"Baybeh I've felt like this for you even way back then. I ain't never stopped feelin' like this. I jus' thought a nigga might have a better shot now."

"How can you say you never stopped having feelings for me, when you broke up with me and never spoke to me again? Like I really just don't understand you August." I sighed.

He looked down at the floor for a long time and for a second I thought about trying to leave again. I just can't talk to him about something like this again, when my boyfriend is at home. I feel bad for even still sitting here after August kissed me, and I feel even worse for what I'm feeling right now.

August still wasn't saying anything so I stood up right about to leave again, but he finally lifted his head up looking at me. "Do you want to know why I really left you Shae?"