Chapter 20: From Left Field

Chapter 20

-----------------------------------
August

I had to read the paper a few times. Each time shit was still sayin' 99.9 percent chance that I was sure enough the father. It was like a niggas mind still couldn't believe the shit. Even seein' it on the damn paper a nigga just was mind fucked by the whole thang.

"You gonna say anything?" Jay asked.

"Shit, what is there to say?"

She looked at me wit' the duh type of face. "How do you feel?"

"I feel like shit." I told her straight up.

I ain't trynna be rude or nunin', but that's just how a nigga feels. I mean Iont thank I'm 'pose to be too happy 'bout the shit. I mean I'm happy I'm bringin' a chile into this world, but this ain't the time, nor person.

Jay's face dropped then she started lookin' all angry and shit. I swear she got her nerve. If anybody gone be mad it's gone be my ass. I mean I'm the one who got a baybeh on the way wit' a chick that slept wit' a buncha niggas, like typa shit is that?

She stood up gettin' in my face and shit nah. "You feel like shit? Who the fuck says that when they find out they're having a baby?"

"A nigga who findin' out he havin' a baybeh wit' a chick that don't know shit 'bout keepin' they legs closed and a nigga that's havin' a baby wit' a chick who he ain't wit'." I had to break shit down for her. "Like I don't thank I'm 'pose to be jumpin' for joy and shit that I'm havin' a baybeh witchu!"

"Wow, you are such an asshole for that."
She laughed a lil and then shook her head lookin' at me. "Just in case you haven't fuckin' realized, you ain't all that. I shouldn't be jumping for joy having a baby with you either. I mean yay me, I got a baby with someone who is never home and doesn't even want to be with me for the sake of his child."

" 'cause I ain't finna sit here and make myself all unhappy and shit so our baybeh can see his or her parents playin' house. Fuck typa shit is that?" I yelled at her.

I really thank she ain't gettin' it. She wanna be mad at me, but I'm mad too. I got a baybeh wit' her and I ain't wit' her like that. Like that's messed up. I got a good girl at home who Id love to have my second chile, but nah I got Jaycee havin' my damn baybeh. She don't understand how fucked up it is to bring life into the world wit' somebody you don't even like no more.

"You're acting like you ain't fuck wit' me at all or something! Who the hell are you to be treating me like I'm some random bitch you got knocked up?" She asked, still pissed off and all in my face.

"That ain't how you bein' treated sweetheart, you bein' treated like some chick that fucked me over for however long and got caught. You bein' treated like a chick I don't fuck wit' no more. So get out yo fuckin' feelings actin' like you ain't do shit wrong."

She stepped back then. She looked all shocked and shit that I said that to her, but fuck, she got me pissed the fuck off right nah. The last thang I'm trynna do is play makeup wit' her ass. I'm stuck on trynna figure out how the hell Im 'pose to adjust my career for my baybeh and how the hell I'm gone tell O'Shae.

One thang I know for sure though, I ain't tellin' her no time soon. That's one thang I cain't do and I ain't gone do. Hell I ain't tellin' nobody, but my publicist just yet. Outside of that, a nigga keepin' this to hisself.

Jaycee shook her head then grabbed her purse and the second copy of the test and started headin' for the door. "I'm out."

"You think you takin' the results witchu?"