Chapter 3: Whats The Big Deal

Chapter 3

---------------------------------------
August

The whole time bein' at dinner a nigga jus' wasn't focused. My whole head was somewhere else and I barely heard when folks was talkin' to me. If it wasn't for Kenzie tappin' me I prolly wasn't finna hear whatever mama was about to say to me.

"Yea?" I asked.

Mama looked at me funny along wit' Jaycee, but I jus' focused back on mama to see what she had to say. "I was just wondering what's going on with your second album. You haven't talked much about it, just keep saying your busy."

"Oh, well it's movin' along I guess. I'm trynna figure out what I wanna do with these last two songs, but it's all good."

"What do you mean, what you need to do with them?" She asked me.

A nigga was about to speak up, but Jaycee cut in speakin' for me. "He's had writers block for a couple weeks now, but he really wants to finish these two songs so he can record them and get them on the album." She explained.

Mama looked at her wit' her eyebrow raised. I'm sure she wonderin' why Jay cut in like that, but I'm prayin' she don't call her out on it. She looked from Jay to me wit' the same look and then back to her wantin' me to say somethin', but I really wasn't even trynna get into it.

"Mm." Mama mumbled after I ain't say shit. "Anyways, why don't you have somebody help you?"

" 'Cause ion't really be feelin' some of these ghost writers. Ion't know-- like these songs kinda personal, and these writers don't know me like that so they ain't gone know how to help me. It's like I know what I want to say in the song I jus' don't know how exactly to say the shit, and make it sound good." I had to break it down.

I've been strugglin' wit' these songs for a minute nah, but I know I wanna get them on the album. It's like I got the beginning but the whole middle I'm jus' blankin' on how to phrase shit. I tried a couple ghost writers, but they wasn't understandin' what I was asking of them. They wasn't really helpful so I've been trynna figure it out on my own, but the shit clearly ain't gettin' nowhere.

Mama smiled at me and then looked back down at her food. "I know somebody that can probably help you. I'll send you their information when I get home tonight." She told me. I just nodded and got back to staring at my food.

I still caint get over the shit Jaycee said earlier about O'Shae. I ain't even know she was seein' some other nigga in the first place. Nah she 'bout to be married to the muhfucka? I ain't wit' that.

I mean I tol' her 'bout Jaycee, why she ain't hit me up 'bout this new nigga? Hell why I ain't hear about this from jump if Jaycee heard about it. What make this nigga famous anyway for niggas to know 'bout they engagement?

"Yo baybeh," I called her. She looked up from her food wit' her eyebrows raised. "How you hear 'bout O'Shae and her dude gettin' married?"

She wiped her mouth before deciding to answer me. "Well Deandre was MVP last year 'cause he plays for the Hawks and he's probably one of the most paid in NBA, plus he just fine as hell."

"Fix yo face. Lookin' a lil too happy 'bout him."

She laughed and shook her head. "Shut up. I'm just saying. I'm surprised you haven't heard about this."

"I heard one of the players from the Hawks was gettin' married, but ion't fuck wit' the Hawks so I ain't care."

"So you care now?" She asked.

Mama looked at her and shook her head before she spoke up. "Y'all can talk about this another time. We trynna have a nice time being back together. Take that drama home wit' y'all even though you shouldn't even be worried. He witchu ain't he?" She asked her.