Chapter 12: Back At It

Chapter 12

-----------------------------------
O'Shae

"So how's things going down there?" Dre asked through a FaceTime we had going.

"It's been great. Carnival was amazing yesterday. Like seriously Dre, it's something everyone needs to experience. You really should have came."

"I know, I know, and I'm sorry. You know how the season goes though babe. Gotta stay focused and games are damn near every other day."

I huffed and nodded while I looked over my balcony down at the pool. It looked nice right now since the sun is going down and the light is illuminating it. There's not a single thing on this island that isn't beautiful. I swear.

I looked back down at my screen to find Dre preoccupied with something on his laptop. My eyes were just scanning over his handsome self when they drifted to a stain on his shoulder.

"Hey baby." I called out to get his attention, but he didn't look up from his laptop.

"Yea?"

"I hope you don't go anywhere with that stain on your shirt." I told him.

He looked directly over to the spot that I was talking about and then shrugged. "Probably from breakfast earlier, but I'm not so I will continue to sit in my dirty shirt."

"Your gross." I stated when there was a knock on my door. "Well I gotta go babe. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

He was still looking down at his laptop before nodding his head. "Yup. I'll talk to you later. I love you O Harris."

"Love you too D Millz." I laughed before ending the call.

Someone knocked on the door again so I walked over and opened it. It was Aug, Dink and Brittany all in some type of workout clothes.

"Get some stuff you can hoop in. The fam is about to walk down to that park a couple blocks over so we can all hoop." Dink explained.

I smiled liking the sound of this. This is my type of activity.

----------

"Okay so I want Shae." Daddy pointed. I smirked as I walked over to stand next to him.

He put his arm on my shoulder smirking over at August who looked disappointed now. "Your turn August."

"I know, I know." Aug grumbled. "Uhm lemme get Brittany."

"August, bro, what the hell was that? You picked Brittany over me?" Dink yelled.

"I'm sorry man. You just... You caint guard bruh. I'm sorry." Aug apologized making everyone except Dink laugh.

When Dink said family hoop game, he was not playing. Some of my uncles on mama's side came out and everything. This was a serious game and I'm glad we're doing it. I'm about to embarrass a whole lot of people.

Daddy and Aug finished picking teams and I'd have to say they were both pretty stacked. It was definitely evenly distributed. So in that case I hope to not hear any lame excuses after we murk Aug's team. Everyone split up into their sides but before anything could go down August jogged over to me all smiles.

I actually haven't been around him all day today because mama took all the girls out for a girls day so we've been gone this whole time. I've actually missed knuckle head today just because we had such a good time with one and other yesterday in some harmless fun at the festival.

"What can I help you with little ugly?" I asked. He sucked his teeth and then chuckled a little bit.

"Be funny if you want to, but I came over here because I know you're a girl that likes bets."