Chapter 22

Nate's Car is the picture on the side...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast was over and we put the dishes in the sink, it was around 8:20 and school started at 8:30. I yawned and stretched and then rubbed my flat stomach and said aloud, “Mmmmmm, yummy! Thanks guys, it was great!”

Brett and Jared looked at each other and then took a bow, “Why thank you,” they both said at the same time.

I looked at them funny and then asked what I knew was a dumb question, “Are you guys brothers?”

They looked at each other and laughed aloud, “N-No . . . were not.”

I stared at them waiting for an answer, and they were still laughing. I tried to refrain from laughing, but with Brett’s face, it was impossible.

Finally, Nate leaned over to me and said, “They’re cousins, but they live in the same house.”

I nodded and remarked, “Ahh.”

I stood up and grabbed my bag and my folder for school. I was followed by Nate, Jared and Brett. Nate locked his door and we walked to our cars. Nate’s shiny black Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 stood beautifully in his driveway, but I still think my Camaro is better. Nothing could top my baby! Nothing!

I walked over to my black and white Camaro and opened up the door when I heard Brett call me, “Hey Sam! I’m riding with you okay?!”

I laughed and nodded, “Come on, Brett!”

I climbed into the driver’s seat as Brett slid in next to me. I watched as Jared climbed in with Nate and waved to me as we both pulled out.

We both stopped at a red light and I pulled in front of him and he pulled along side of me looking at me and smirking. I caught on to what he wanted and I was not going to let him win. I shouted to him through the passenger window, “What does the winner get, huh?”

He smirked and then replied, “Well, what do you want if you win?!”

He both kept stealing glances at the light to see if it turned red, but it hadn’t.

I thought about it for a moment, and decided to make it beneficial for me whether it was going to happen or not. “Hmmm, I want 50 bucks!”

He smirked and then replied, “Alight, deal. But! If I win I want a kiss Sam, a real kiss, not like before and not just me kissing you, you’ve gotta kiss back babe!”

I smirked and then replied, Deal! And one more thing . . .”

“What?”

I glanced at the light and then replied smirking back at him, “Don’t call me babe.”

With that, I let my foot off the gas and sped off towards school, leaving Nate behind at the light. I looked behind me in my review mirror and didn’t see him.

“What?!” I gasped unbelievingly.

I looked out the passenger window and saw Nate slowly creeping his way into view.

He shouted to me, “I’ll call you babe if I want to, babe!”

I growled as he pulled ahead of me and blocked me from moving forwards.

“Did you just growl, Sam?” Brett asked me looking at me weirdly.

I laughed and then replied, “Yah, so?”

“You know he’s gonna win right?”

I scoffed and then replied laughing, “Hey! Where’s your faith in me Brett?!”