Diary Entry #30

2015.05.26:

Dear diary,

It was kind of awkward looking at Mom this morning at home. After what happened last night, it's really awkward to see her.

She was just there, preparing breakfast for me. I didn't even eat it. I didn't feel like it. It was just too awkward. 

She smiled at me this morning and said, "Sit down. It's time for breakfast."

"I, err... should go. I have to walk to school," I excused myself, heading to the door and grabbing my shoes. 

"School?" she echoed behind me. "But school doesn't start in an hour, Hani. It's only six thirty."

But I wasn't comfortable on having her in the same room as me after last night. I still don't know what to do or say. It was just one of those times, again. "No, it's okay. I should really go. You eat up."

Talk about awkward.

It was a good thing when I used the public bus, Wonwoo found me. No, we didn't skip school. I'm currently sitting in my seat in class, writing down what happened this morning. Anyway, shall I continue?

Wonwoo gave me food. He's such a good guy. He bought me coffee bread with a small carton of milk. He's like an angel and I love him to death! 

Gosh, talk about weirdness...

"How did it go with your Mom last night? I left early because I knew you two needed some alone time," Wonwoo said, smiling as he handed me the carton of milk. 

I just forced myself to smile and replied, "It was... okay."

Wonwoo's smile was then replaced with a frown. "You're lying."

I guess it came to a point in our relationship to where he knows when I'm lying or not. "Err... well..."

"Hani, tell me the truth," he begged with his shinning eyes. Those eyes were hard to resist, in my case. 

So, I ended up confessing to him, "It was... I just don't know what to feel. I had mixed feelings and everything was a mess in my mind. I got angry and eventually walked out on her."

Wonwoo was surprised and his wrinkles on his forehead softened. "You... did? Then, what happened this morning? Wouldn't she have cooked you breakfast?"

"She did," I said.

"Then? Did you eat?"

"N-no... I didn't feel comfortable. I just walked out, saying I should walk to school. If it weren't for you, I would be starving like some beast," I said, smiling as I nibbled onto the bread. 

Wonwoo smiled and patted me on the head. "Keurae, eat up, my Hani."

It still sends shivers down my spine when I rethink about Mom this morning. She was acting different all of a sudden. Why now has she started to act that way?

I just don't understand her sometimes...

.

.

.

.

Wonwoo and I hung out after school. This was what happened:

We walked to a nearby flower shop near the school's building and looked around. Since flowers were so beautiful, Wonwoo ended up taking out his phone and began going around the shop, snapping pictures. 

I looked around and saw a few roses, lilies, orchids and hibiscuses. But what caught my eyes were these small, bright blue flowers. I ended up getting mesmerized by the flowers.