Diary Entry #4

2015.01.21:

Dear diary,

Wonwoo is at it again. But this time, it was different because Channie was with us, being rather... cold to Wonwoo. Was it true? The part where they said Dino likes me? I still... can't comprehend well.

Just now during lunch break, Dino brought me to the cafeteria so he could treat me to food. It was a friendly gesture that I couldn't turn down. I mean, it's food! Who would turn down food?

Wonwoo tagged along, saying he didn't know anyone else except for me. He calls me 'Rooftop Princess', if that even made any sense. I call him something similar to that. Rooftop guy. Ha-ha. Very creative.

"Who is he?" Dino asked in a whisper as we walked to the cafeteria with students rushing around the hallways and stairs.

"A guy I met briefly on top of a rooftop at my apartment," I answered with a shrug.

"Why is he with us?" he asked.

"I don't know." Sometimes I felt like he was using the I-don't-know-anyone-here as an excuse to hang around me just to annoy me. "He's just here."

"There's something I don't like from that guy," Dino said, sneaking glances at Wonwoo.

Ha-ha. Finally, we can agree on something. But I just kept quiet in reality. I just followed Dino into the crowded cafeteria while Wonwoo tagged along. It was really crowded there.

Minah appeared from the crowd as everyone parted like the Red Sea. I ruined my appetite by seeing her face. It made my stomach go in circles and it didn't feel very pleasant. I was really at the verge of throwing up.

"Hey, you!" Minah yelled disrespectfully. She barged her way to me and stood in front of me with her snobby attitude. "Why are you stealing both of the guys I like?!"

Excuse me, but why are you polluting the good air we are breathing with just existing? Of course, I kept the words in and continued to stare at her with an icy stare. "What do you want now, Minah?"

"I want my boys!" she said, glaring into my eyes. Like that did any good. "Give them to me. They're supposed to be mine. My future boyfriends."

I was bored of her and turned my heel to walk away from her but she grabbed onto my hair and pulled it. I shrieked in pain and yelled, "What the heck is wrong with you?!"

Really, wHat iS wRONG wiTh hER?

"You are what's wrong in my life!" she yelled and continued to pull my hair. SHE HAD TO, HUH? "Just transfer to another school already!"

But amidst the chaos, someone helped me to take the pain away. At first, I thought it'd be Channie but when I looked again, it was actually Wonwoo. I was really shocked by his gesture.

"Let go of her," he said, breaking the grip apart. He pulled me closer to him that I was literally just breathing into his school uniform. "You have no right to hurt Hani."

"Excuse me?!" I didn't know why, but I was enjoying Minah having her breakdown by being rejected AGAIN! In your face, Oh Minah! Wait, does that mean...

No, no! It couldn't be. I shouldn't get ahead myself. That would be stupid of me.

Minah, frustrated, stormed out of the cafeteria, leaving people murmuring to their friends. It was almost inevitable, anyway. Those people never shut up. 

"Thank you," I said, breaking apart from Wonwoo's grip. "Dino, I'm sorry. I'm going to go now. I don't feel hungry anymore. You have fun eating."

And that's how I ended up sitting alone on the school's prohibited areaㅡthe rooftop, writing into my diary.

.

.

.

.

Wonwoo came by a moment ago. He found me. He said that it wasn't obvious enough, Rooftop Princess. I guess it was an easy, first guess, huh?

He asked me, "Are you okay? You suddenly left the cafeteria after that girl bashed you."

Turning to him and giving him a cold, skeptical look, I answered, "You don't have to worry about me, Wonwoo. I am no one you should worry about. Don't waste your time."

Wonwoo frowned when he heard my words. He took steps forward and finally sat next to me. He noticed a book clasped on my lap. Yes, that was you, dear diary.

"What's that?"

"My bank account book," I answered skeptically. "It's nothing you need to know about, Jeon Wonwoo."

He was grinning as he said, "You know my full name."

"So?"

"And I don't know yours?"

"It doesn't matter." Really, it didn't. Who cares what they called me? If names could change the life you were living in, then I would've changed my name by now.

"Hani," my name escaped his lips. Afterwards, his lips curled into a smile. "Hani is your name. But what's your full name?"

Even if I didn't want to reply, I found myself doing so, "Kim Hani."

"Kim Hani?"

I just nodded. I pitied you, diary. Because I squeezed you so hard when he kept on talking to me. It was a weird occurrence, and I really didn't know what was happening.

That was when someone barged into the rooftop, yelling, "I like you, Hani!"

Love, 
Hani.