Diary Entry #13

2015.02.12:

Dear diary,

School's today! I don't know why but I'm excited for school. Maybe it's because I'll be able to get away from eomma. Because eomma reminds me of Sooyoung. And Sooyoung reminds me of her... cutting off my ties/contact with her.
Sooyoung, I wish you knew how hard my life has been ever since you left. It's only been a year but things happened more than you can count.

Especially eomma. Oh, how I wish appa never said those things that led them to get divorce. I wish our life was never separated at all.

Life would've been easier that way.

.

.

.

.

School's as normal as it can be. Wonwoo gave me a gift a moment ago. It's a bracelet he bought from Jeju. It's decorated with little seashells. They're adorable.

I'm wearing it now. It's so beautiful that I can't take my eyes off it.

When he gave it to me, he went like, "Here."

I was really confused because he gave me a rectangular turquoise box. There even was a beautiful, golden ribbon wrapping the box up.

"Igeo mwoya?" I asked, looking at the box.

"For you," Wonwoo said, handing it to me. There was a tag on the box which read: To Hani ♥. "I bought it for you when I was in Jeju. Open it."

I slowly opened it and found the bracelet I was wearing right now. I looked at him and asked, "This... is for me?"

Wonwoo brightly smiled and nodded. "I bought it especially for you. Do you like it?"

How could I not? It's so beautiful. "But... I can't, Wonwoo. I can't accept such a beautiful gift from you."

"Hani, I know a portion of what runs in your mind. I've seen your eomma before. I kind of know what kind of life you're living like. I'm here to help. There's a reason why we met. It's fate. Do you believe in fate?"

Fate. That word has struck me weird ever since. Does fate even exist?

Maybe it does. And that's why Wonwoo entered my life.

- Hani