Diary Entry #10

2015.01.25:

Dear diary,

Oh gosh... diary, it's the next day and I didn't feel like going to school so I faked a fever by drenching a towel into a bucket of hot water then leaving it on my forehead for thirty minutes.

Eomma checked on me (for once in this year) before she went to work and advised that I stay home to rest and that she'd put some tablets on the table for me to take later.

It's a little after school started and I'm here on my bed at home writing into my diary. I would do some studying later after I'm done writing an entry.

Why am I not going to school, you may ask, diary?

Well...

Remember yesterday? I wrote an entry to you, right? Well... I... I don't want to face him...

After slowly warming up to him, he... he suddenly confesses? What is there to like about me, anyway? I... just push people away.

Gosh, my hands are trembling as I realize the flaws of myself. There are no need for tears now but a painful and heavy heart will do now, I guess.

Lee Chan and Jeon Wonwoo likes me.

I don't know why but I just feel so in denial...

.

.

.

.

Why weren't you at school today?

That was the message Wonwoo sent to me today after school hours. I didn't reply. I just kept staring at it.

Another message list came a few seconds ago. It read: Why aren't you replying? Are you sick? Do you want me to come over? I'm coming over.

Dammit. He's going to see that I'm a big fat liar. Wait, I have a solution. I can just not answer the door. Problem solved.

Whoops, I hear the door knocking right now. He's quick. I'll put you away right now, diary. Better pretend to be sleeping.

.

.

.

.

He actually has a spare key to my apartment. Where on earth did he get that from?

"Hani! Are you okay? You didn't come to school. Are you sick?!" he asked, rushing into my room.

I had to put on my acting skills right now. If I could fool eomma, maybe I could fool Wonwoo.

I weakly sat up from my bed to look at him. I should've added some makeup to make it look more believable. Too bad. "Oh, Wonwoo..."

I have to be honest. It was PRETTY AWKWARD when he came by. His confession still haven't sunk in into me yesterday. I ran out of there, unable to tolerate the news. He didn't run after me, which was good.

"You're sick!" he exclaimed. "I'll get your pills."

"No, Wonwoo, there's no needㅡ"

But it was too late, he was already out the door. I couldn't do anything about him. That boy never listens to a thing I say. Well, he does, but he doesn't listen to me when I DON'T WANT to do a thing or you get the point.

Wonwoo came back with my pills and a cup of water. "Here."

I pushed them away. I needed an excuse to not drink that. Who knows what will happen if I eat pills when I'm not really sick. I COULD BE POISONED! Okay, maybe I was exaggerating the part where I would get poisoned but... I COULD GET POISONED!

Okay, I'm being stupid right now.

"Don't do this, Hani. You're sick. You should eat this to get better," he told me like he knew everything.

Did that cookie really do much? I mean, IT WAS JUST A DELICIOUS LITTLE COOKIE AND I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF! Even if it was a little cookie, it's evil! Evil I tell you! Diary, remind me to burn all the cookies that come to my life. The outcome isn't what I wanted.

I pushed it away and shook my head. "No, I'm not eating that."

"You're sick. You have to," he insisted.

"No, I'm..." I quickly shut my mouth. I was THIS CLOSE to revealing that I was lying! I was lucky that I didn't go all big mouth.

"I want you to get better, Hani. If you're sick, I can't help but feel sad and bad," he told me softly.

I was surprised by his sudden words. I didn't expect... Well, u-um, he's just... being friendly. Yeah. Friendly. Friendly.

"No, Wonwoo, you don't have to do this. I'll do it myself," I told him, taking the pills from his hands. "You can go now if you want."

Wonwoo stood up but he didn't walk out of my room.

"You're not leaving?"

Wonwoo walked to me and pulled me into a hug. I was surprised when my head was buried into his chest. My heart was... (get this) BEATING so fast that I didn't know what to do.

I mean, WHAAAAAAAAT?

Hey, heart, explain please.

In the end, I pushed Wonwoo away and looked at my pillow on the bed. I didn't want to look at him.

"Go," I said softly. My heart was still beating at that time. I don't understand how that was possible. Just because someone was hugging you like that, your heart beats 100000000000000000 times faster? Wow, I learnt something new, I guess.

Wonwoo was silent and walked out of the room.

I closed the door to my room and sat on my bed, trying my best not to... cry. I can't believe I felt... bad after... shunning him out like that.

TEARS?! WHY TEARS?

People were true when they said the cold face was just an act. Why is it an act? Because I didn't want people to worry and bother me with stupid questions. Because I have a messed up life.

A broken family = a broken life = a broken person

~Author's Notes~

Aww... Hani. It's okay. You're not alone. You have Wonwoo ;)))))))))

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Have you guys ever ate Jjangmyeon? Or at least Korean chicken?

I DID AND IT'S SOOOO GOOD OMG KOREANS ARE LUCKY THEY CAN EAT IT FOR DINNER ALMOST EVERY NIGHT OR SOMETHING!!!

Authornim signing out from this chapter hehe ;))))))