Diary Entry #14

2015.02.16:

Dear diary,

Hello, diary.

Wow, that was way to formal.

I guess it's just that... I'm trying my best not to show you why I'm crying right now by feeling formal. Okay, I'm not really crying like WAAAAAAAAA T.T those kind of crying. Just my normal, silent cries.
You must be wondering why I'm crying. It's kind of a long story but it's obvious you have the time.

So, it's because of Minah. Yes, OH MINAH. It's always because of her I cry. I never knew someone could be so full of themselves and blame other people for things that went wrong in their life. It's really, really pitiful, if you'd ask me.

Well, do you remember my bracelet? The one that Wonwoo gave me?

Minah destroyed it.

I didn't tell Wonwoo about it, though. I was too scared to tell him about...

So, it all started after physical education today.

"Hey, man stealer," said Minah as I opened my locker in the girls' room.
I slammed my locker door shut and gave her a quick glare before I turned my heel and walked away.

But something dangled off her fingers, making it echo a little around where the both of us were standing. "Missing something?"

I turned to look at her and let out a gasp. She was holding my bracelet. MY bracelet. The bracelet Wonwoo specifically gave to me. "Give that back, Oh Minah. Where did you get that, anyway?"

"It's my secret," she answered, playing with the bracelet in her fingers.

I lunged forward to try to grab it back but she took a step backward and snatched the bracelet back into her palm. "Give that back, Minah. It's not yours."

"And it's not supposed to be yours," she said back. "You know, you shouldn't be owning something as beautiful as this. So..." She threw it onto the ground and stepped on it cruelly.

"Stop!" I shouted, pushing her away, which made her fall back, hitting the lockers in the changing room.

"How dare you!" Minah screamed, lunging forward to grab and pull my hair. It hurt a lot. I mean, who in right mind wouldn't think so? "No one does that to me! I mean, no one!"

I pushed her away and fixed my hair and tried my best not to think about my throbbing head. My hair was all over my face but I just ignored her and crouched down to check the bracelet. It was broken. The charms were shattered into smaller pieces but the bracelet survived. The seashell... it was broken.

When I looked up, wanting to shout at Minah, I discovered that she was gone. I looked around the changing room and eventually picked up the broken charm bracelet. I tossed it around in my palm and headed out of the changing room, disposing of my broken bracelet into the thrash bin located outside of the changing rooms.

And hell didn't end there.

Because of Minah, I came back to the classroom late, which made me have a punishment from the teacher. I had to stay back after school to help rearrange the books in the library.

Minah was smirking as I pass by her table. "What fun. You can have fun staying back there, cleaning dusty books."

"I didn't have anything to do later on and I didn't plan on going home so thank you for that, Minah. I can waste time finding books that are far more interesting than how you waste your life," I told her, walking back to my seat.

I ignored the fact that Wonwoo was staring at me with his concerned eyes. I tried my best to hide the wrist he thinks I put my bracelet on.

I just wanted to cry, diary. Wonwoo gave me that bracelet. It's valuable to me.

I ignored everything and everyone until the last period of school. Well, I didn't have to go home, which is nice. It's better to waste time in a library than at home. It's a better change of atmosphere.

But just when I wanted a normal afternoon spent drowning in books, Wonwoo had to follow to make me feel worse, huh?

"Are you okay? You're acting strange. Well, stranger than you usually act."

How would he even know the way I act? Nobody could ever look past my cold face. No one dares to even try. They don't care about me, so why should I?

"Did something happen? You're colder to me. You're not this cold to me," Wonwoo pointed out.

He was right, once again. Sometimes I wonder if I would ever found another person just like Wonwoo. If he leaves me, would I cry? Of course. He... means a lot more than my own family.

Speaking of which, I don't care about Sooyoung anymore. If she decides to cut ties with me like that, so be it. Bold move for a 14 year old girl. If I see her next time, I'm going to say the words I will keep in as of now.

I hope I don't meet her again, though.

"Hani, I know you don't like talking about your problems but trust me, it's okay. You will feel better if you do," he told me.

I ignored him and continued on arranging the books.

"Still not talking?" he asked, his eyes conceited on my face. "Hani, is something troubling you?"

"Wonwoo, you should leave. I have to finish up this punishment and leave." Also because I want to make sure I leave Wonwoo before he realizes I don't have my bracelet anymore.

"I'll wait for you at the front gate. We can walk home together," he offered, pulling the strap of his backpack.

I shook my head. "No, I want to walk home alone."

"You can't always be alone," he said in a whisper, making sure I got what he meant.

"You're right. Because you're always tagging along." I smiled a small smile. It wasn't like I didn't like it when Wonwoo follows me around. It's just because my heart does a lot of beating when he's around. "Go home, Wonwoo."

Wonwoo reluctantly moved away. But before he left the library, he said, "I'll see you soon when I miss. But I'm already missing you. Oddeokhae?"

I paused in putting the book in its shelf. My heart was making that fluttering feeling again, and it's annoying.

Wonwoo was chuckling lightly and finally left the library.

It's funny how I didn't take you out during my free time. I could've wrote an entry when I was there. I'm sure the librarian wouldn't mind at all because she was drowned inside her own novel there.

Anyway, after I was done with my punishment, I headed outside the school's building. I didn't really want to walk with Wonwoo home so I used another exit and just texted Wonwoo, telling him to walk back home himself and that I'd see him tomorrow at school.

I just hope he doesn't realize my bracelet was gone any time soon.

- Hani

~Author's Notes~

Kyaaaaa! Mansae is just... GOSH!! Guys, have you noticed? I mean, have you realized that Wonwoo became hotter this comeback? I mean, HE'S FREAKING WRECKING MY BIAS LIST EVERYONE!

There's no more bias list... Thanks a lot, Wonwoo.

Anyway, thank you for reading this! Please continue reading this :3