Diary Entry #22

2015.03.24:

Dear diary,

Exams are done and I'm sorry I couldn't write to you for weeks. Two weeks, right? Exams really take much of my time but hell is over. Unlike Minah. Hell never ends for me to her. What will she gain from this?

"Are you okay?" Dino, best buds now, asked me when we walked to the nearby bubble tea shop today. "You seem drained. Did you do badly in your exams or something?"

"It's not that," I told him, shaking my head. Today after the exams, Minah walked out of class, throwing me a quick glare. I knew what she was doing. She knows that my diary is back with me. Too bad. Things that you get fond of will eventually leave. I already learnt that the hard way.

"So, why? Do you not like this place?" Dino continued on asking me.

For some reason, I wasn't annoyed that he repeated the question. Something's really different about me. As if I changed after knowing Wonwoo isn't.... ahem, I mean, after Wonwoo is gone.

But you know what?

Wonwoo was coincidentally at that bubble tea shop TOO! Dino wasn't aware about things yet and continued on walking in until we reached the counter.

It was so hard trying to keep myself calm and pretending I didn't notice he was here. He was alone, drinking his plain bubble tea as he looked around the store. He just kept looking that it would be obvious he noticed me.

But I wasn't even sure if he noticed I was in the store. I was already seated and still, he was still sitting there in his seat, still drinking his bubble tea. Call me a freak, but I observed the way he was drinking. Very slowly.

"Hey, I'm going to the bathroom. I drank too much and too quickly," Dino said, standing up and looking like he was in a hurry.

"Oh? Okay," I replied, watching as he zipped his way to the bathroom. I remembered Channie's, um, thingy. When he drinks a lot too quickly, he eventually needs to meet his friendㅡthe toilet.

But while I was busy drowning in my own mind, I didn't even notice a chair scratching against the floor and someone sitting right across me, occupying Channie's seat.

At first, I thought it was Channie. So I went like, "Oh, that was quickㅡ" But when I turned my head to look at the seat Channie was supposed to sit in, I was surprised to see him sitting there. "Wonwoo..."

His cold stare broke and was replaced with the eyes I missed looking at. "Hani, I'm... I'm so sorry..."

"Wonwoo..." I was lost for words. He was talking to me again. He's apologizing.

He shook his head, his hand pausing me from saying anything. "It's my turn to talk, Hani. Please listen to me."

I was always the listening type so that wasn't such a hard thing to do. I nodded, waiting for him to proceed.

"Today, while doing the exam, I've been doing some thinking in my free time. I thought things over and over again. It struck my mindㅡyou would never do such a thing. Minah has been always harassing you for a long time and she's the type to manipulate things, right? I'm so sorry. I should have believed you from the start."

I couldn't help but feel my eyes go glassy. No, I wasn't crying, diary. Don't start teasing me, diary, or I will dip you into the toilet bowl.

"I... also heard... that you visited me when I was sick?"

That caught my full attention. Also, because that... was... gahh!! Forget it, diary. It's hard for me to write it down because after four weeks, he's finally talking to me.

"Hani?"

"Huh?" I asked him, noticing Dino was coming back the restroom.

"Oh, Wonwoo." Dino sounded surprised to see Wonwoo there, obviously.

"Chan," he greeted back with a nod. "Well, I think I should be heading home now. I'll see you tomorrow, Hani."

See me tomorrow? As in, we're friends again now? Wonwoo...

Wonwoo stood up from his seat and began walking out of the bubble tea shop. All I did was continue to stare at the door. Acting like this... What have I been missing? If it weren't for Wonwoo, I would be spending my last year of high school in the most uneventful, boring way ever. No meaning, no memories. Just plain nothingness.

"So... you and Wonwoo?" Channie asked, taking his seat at the seat Wonwoo sat in while he was gone. The way he said it made me spark a thoughtㅡhe's jealous.

I turned my attention from the door back to Dino. "Huh?"

His eyes avoided mine and stared at his bubble tea drink instead.

"Channie..."

"It's okay, Hani. I'm happy enough we're still friends. I'll support you with Wonwoo. I think he'll treat you better than I'll ever treat you," he said, now staring into my set of eyes.

"Channie..." I was really lost for words so I just kept calling his name. I can't seem to find the right words to say.

"I have to go home now. Be good to him and don't let him go. You won't find another Wonwoo just anywhere," he advised before standing up and leaving.

I was left in the bubble tea shop alone. Left to think. And, of course, drink. Bubble tea was delicious so you can't blame me.

And yes, I've made a decision, if you're wondering, diary.

Yes, I'm not going to lose him.

And it's time my confession was heard.

- Hani

~Author's Notes~

Oh my gosh!! Wonwoo, you are the best! You are finally talking to Hani! I love youuuu! ♥

Okay, usually I don't write author's notes but since the ♥ you've been giving this book, I just want to talk to you guys as much as I can. Really, I owe you guys for this big achievement ♥ ♥ ♥

I really get excited when I see notifications for 'Dear Diary' kyaaaa keep commenting, you guys! You really crack me up with them!

See you guys in the next update ;)

Also!

We're already at 230 votes after 24 hours?! You guys are amazing!

Next goal: 300 votes! Let's do this!