“Well I do have a home.” I shouted in his face. “I have a home and a puppy that I need to tend to. Can I at least have him?”

“Fine. I’ll send my people to get it. But you will have to control your anger. You and your dog will be sold together if you can still behave. While you are here you will be known as Number 44. That is your bidding name.”

“I won’t be sold. I know my rights.” This is surely illegal.

“We don’t care about you rights. Now go into the closet and change into the given clothes. There are no showers here though. That is one thing that you will not have the privilege of having.” And with that he left me. I bolted for the door to escape but it was already locked. With a groan I walked to the dreaded closet. The only clothes there were tube tops and mini skirts. Sighing I put on a red tube top with a black mini skirt. When I was done I looked into the given mirror. My brown hair was a tangled mess, my skin looked as though it had no color, and my brown eyes started losing their color. Whenever I get too weak my eyes will lose their color and change to a different one. So I’m losing my brown eye color and going on to another one. Groaning I tended my hair with the given comb and brush. My hair is naturally straight so it didn’t need as much tending as I thought.

I sat back on my mattress just as the door opened. The guy from earlier walked in and my puppy followed. I smiled and he jumped into my arms so he could lick my face. “Can I have something to eat please? I’m hungry.”

“Sure. But I will tell you now. You’re not staying with me long. You will be passed on so you can go to the warehouse. That is where you will stay until they are ready to sell you.”

“Ok. Thanks for being so kind at least.”

He smiled down at me. “You’re welcome. I’ll go get your food.”

I nodded and he left. Jasper, my puppy, jumped out my arms and began to shift. He turned into his hot human form and sat next to me. “So, why did you drag me into this?”

“Well I don’t know what to do. And I didn’t want to leave you.” I said looking into his teal eyes.

“Well. Now that I’m here I can’t leave you. But I should change back. He’s coming down the hall now.”

I nodded and he changed back into his puppy form. The door opened when he was done. A tray with fish, bread and water was set in front of my while Jasper had a bowl of dog food. He looked up at me and I urged him to eat it. He growled and began to eat his kibble. The man looked at Jasper and smelled the air. He picked up Jasper by his neck and smelled him again. “This dog is a shifter. Is he not?”

“Yes he is sir. He’s my best friend.”

“Tell him to shift.” He said dropping Jasper on the floor. I nodded to Jasper and he changed into his human form. He stood with only his boxers because they were made to shift with him. The man’s face became red and fangs slid out of his mouth. Ok so I guess he’s a vampire. “Why are you with a shifter?”

“He’s my best friend and the only person I have. That’s why I asked for my puppy I don’t want to lose him.”

“Very well. He must not be a trouble or you two will be separated. Now resume to whatever you were doing but the boy must stay in his dog form until you both are sold unless the scents will be mixed and you two will be separated.” He left again and I relaxed.

“Well he’s nice. I didn’t think vampires could be nice.” Jasper said as he sat next to me.

“Yea. But it doesn’t help that I’m going to be sold.” I looked into his eyes again getting completely lost.

He stared back, looked down at my lips than looked into my eyes again. We leaned toward each other and our lips met. I always loved Jasper. We kissed a few times and went out but nothing else really happened. Our lips were locked and he pressed me on my mattress. He kissed me down my neck until he got to my soft spot and bit it. I moaned and he pulled away. That was a usual reaction. We never went any farther than that and I’m happy with that. For some reason whenever he did that, I would feel more relaxed.

“You feel better?” He asked pulling me up to a sitting position.

“Yea. Thanks. I needed that.”

“No problem. Now eat your fish while I eat my kibble.” I laughed and he changed back into his puppy form. He ate his kibble quietly and I ate my fish.

When I was finished the man came in but he wasn’t alone. 2 other men were there and they eyed my hungrily. Their red eyes met my pale ones as they walked toward me. Jasper jumped into my arms and the men pulled me out of the room. I held a tight grip onto Jasper and he snuggled into my chest. I smiled down at him and allowed the men to drag me out of the place my captor had me.

Once fully outside, I saw the van that chased me earlier and they pushed me in. I looked up and the new leader looked down at me with a smile. “You’re about to go to the warehouse. Be on your best behavior so you don’t get beat Number 44.”

I nodded and he turned from me.

Now this should be interesting.