chapter 14

tonys pov

I'm worried about iris. It's not really like her to call me up late, sounding like she was crying. I really hope she is okay. I mean she is my best friend, and I really wouldn't know what I would do if I lost her. I have this tingling feeling in my stomach. I have no clue why but I kinda liked it. I had her in my arms and I was just watching Netflix, not really being able to fall back asleep. I pull out my phone and I text Payton that iris was here because I'm pretty sure she told nobody that she came here. I look through my news feed on instagram, not really knowing what to do. I see the hate, and all the weird hi daddy! comments. I smile and role my eyes. I put my phone down, and I look over at payton, sleeping peaceful. I notice something that I wish I really had not. She was in a tank top and sleep shorts. I saw the fresh looking cuts on her legs. Now I'm really worried. I tried to brush it off because I really don't want to wake her up, she honestly looked awful. She had bags under her eyes and her skin is pale, when it's usually a normal tan color. I pulled her closer to me, only making that tingly feeling in my stomach grow. I brush it off and I hold her until I feel myself fall asleep.

_______________________________________

When I woke iris was still in my arms. I look at my phone and see that the time is 9:16. I was not asleep all that long. I get up carefully, not waking iris up, and I walk into the kitchen. I make myself a bowl of cereal and I walk back into the living room and I sit myself on the opposite side of the couch from which iris was at, I really didn't want to wake her. I looked at the TV and I see the screen was faded and Netflix asked if I was still their. I clicked yes and I continued watching where I left off.i finished my cereal and I had it in my lap and I see iris wake up.

"Hey." She said sleepily.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I questioned, putting the bowl on the coffee table and I moved closer to her, pulling her into a hug.

She replied with a girly grunt. That feeling was back I have no clue why it was their, it's making me a little worried, but I shrugged it off again. She leaned her head on my shoulder and sighed.

"Hey iris?" I asked carefully.

"Yea?"

"what happened last night?"

"I couldn't sleep, and I was just possessing everything that has happened I guess." She stated.

"Is that it?" I said knowing that that wasn't the whole story.

"Yup." She flatly replied.

"Then can you explain to me this?" I said pointing at her leg.

She got really uncomfortable and pulled her shorts over.

"It's nothing I'm fine." She said avoiding my eyes.

I moved so I was now facing her.

"Please don't do it again." I pleaded.

" I won't make any promises, but thank you for caring." She said looking up to me.

I pulled her into a hug. I sighed and the fluffy feeling started to grow. We pulled away and she got up.

"Where you going?" I asked curiously.

"Food" she simply stated.

Irises pov

I made myself some cereal and sat back down with tony. I felt my phone vibrate so I pull it out of my pocket and I see that the text is from Andrew.

From Andrew
Hey babe, when did you leave last night? Are you ok? Where are you?

to Andrew
I left not to long after you fell asleep, I'm ok, I will be over back at payton in like ten minutes

I replied and a moment later I felt it vibrate again. It simply said ok. I put my phone next to me and sighed.

"happy birthday by the way!" Tony said excitedly.

"Thanks I guess." I said not really into the idea of having a birthday.

"Awe come on! You have to be happy on your birthday!" he pretty much yelled.

"Eh" I said taking the last bite of the cereal and setting the bowl on the table next to who I assumed was tonys.

"Well let's go over to paytons house!" He said pulling me up.

He said it kind of suspicious like, but who cares, he seems pretty eager to get over their so I just follow him over. Once we get their, he opens the door and it's dark so I turn on the lighs, wondering why they were off in the first place. I flicked them on and just about had a heart attack.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" I heard the small crowd of people yell.

I saw just the few normal people I see like my siblings, asher, and andrew.

"Oh my god guys you scared the hell out of me!" I said gasping.

Authors note
Hey look! It's an update : 3 just for you meh lovely turtles!!!