☙ s e v e n t y - s i x ( l a s t c h a p t e r )

How about reincarnation? Some people believe in that.

Everybody hated everybody else. Nasty glares thrown from one person to the other. It was no secret that due to the war, regardless of how seemingly short it had been, took many lives from both kingdoms, so no wonder the air was thick with tension. But despite the bloodshed, everyone still had a smile on their face, pretending to be happy. For who would dare be caught being bitter during a ceremony meant for laughter and love?

At the alter, which was decorated with flowers and white silk, stood a man who was more miserable than everyone else. His brown hair tamed for once in his life, green eyes casted down in despair as he tried not to break down.

His pressed white tuxedo was not the cause of his suffocated state, but rather the reality of the situation.

He had successfully killed the queen and his son without even arousing suspicion by some miracle, and was about to kill his own sister, but stopped as the news of her death reached his ears.

It felt as if his own heart was ripped out his chest, buried into the ground along with her body. His whole world crumbled within seconds. The warmth he had become accustomed to, that came from the fact that she loved him, withered and turned into ice cold pain.

He knew, as soon as he had seen her body, the paleness of her skin, lack of pulse, and blue lips, that this was real. No tricks. No games. She was really dead.

He had no choice after that. He no longer saw a reason to fight and finally agreed to the conditions set.

Mend the two kingdom's bond by marriage.

But the man couldn't help but weep inside as he thought of the girl that had warmed his heart.

I don't know, Anna.

But if it will give us another chance then I'd love to believe in it.

The very same girl woke with a start, miles and miles away from the where the wedding bells sung. Her blue eyes snapping open and taking in the sight in front of her.

She didn't know whether to believe it or not, but there, sitting beside her was someone who she thought dead: the queen, Anne, who looked upon the girl with pity and sadness.

Before the girl could have time to ask how the queen was alive, for she was told the masses had burnt her along with her husband, her eyes wandered and caught sight of two more persons sitting across from her.

Lea and Niall.

At this point the girl swore she was dead and was merely meeting the three in the other world, but the shaking carriage and familiar smell of the woods, told her otherwise.

As soon as the girl's tired eyes met Niall's resigned ones, the boy sighed. She didn't even need to ask for an explanation anymore, he launched right to it.

Niall had already agreed to help the queen escape to another kingdom, long before the blue eyed girl was part of his plan, for the price of gold, of course. But as his own game crumbled to the ground, he knew he owed it to the world to at least end the war.

He knew, like many others, that the battle would only end once fire and blood has passed, but he had a whole other view to it.

He knew that the only way to end it is by ending the girl's life. He knew the new king would not want to fight any longer without the love of his life by his side.

Unfortunately for Niall, he had already promised Lea the safety of her older sister in exchange for her to spy on the Tomlinsons.

But of course, he had another trick up his sleeve.

The poison the girl had drank in desperation to end it all, was, in fact, not poison at all. It was an antidote. An antidote that gives you the appearance of a dead body, but was actually curing you of all illnesses inside.

Only when those words rang in her head did the girl realize that she wasn't going to die.

If it was real, do you really think we'd get another shot?

The bells up the castle no longer sang, in its place instead was the soft hum of the violins and flutes as they played on a song the man dreaded to hear. He looked up, seeing a woman with blonde hair falling down her shoulders, warm brown eyes shining as she smiled.

She was beautiful, there was no denying it. The sight of her walking down the isle in a white dress left all men hungry, and all women jealous. Many would kill to be in her place, and many would kill too, to be in the place of the miserable man standing on the altar.

He tried his best to alter the situation in his mind. He imagined black hair instead of blonde. Blue eyes instead of brown. A taller figure, instead of a shorter one. He imagined that it was the woman he loved walking down that isle, but the illusion is quickly washed away when he remembers that that was truly impossible.

He wished with all his might that he could be anywhere else at the moment, preferably with the same girl he had been imagining just a few moment ago. But she was dead, buried six feet under the earth, not like the man cared, really. If given the choice, he would lay in the ground with her without hesitation.

I sure hope so.

The blue eyed girl bursts out of the carriage, despite the fact that it was still moving. She was surrounded by trees, and immediately knew she was in the woods, not the part that she was familiar with, unfortunately. But that wasn't going to stop her.

She had to tell the man she loves that she is still very much alive. That she could end this war with her bare hands, that he didn't have to wed that she-beast she had detested. But as she looked up, seeing the tall, proud castle stand on the very top of the mountain, her chest caved.

Here they were, right where they started. The prince - or King, now - at the top, in the castle, where he belongs, and the girl, the hunter, in the woods where she had once almost considered a second home.

She knew she'd never make it. Not even half way, with her weakened body and mind. And as Niall came out of the carriage to pull the girl's dazed body back, the priest neared the end of the ceremony up the castle.

Annalyn Rither took one last look at the castle before complying to Niall's request and coming back into the carriage.

And Harry Styles prepared himself to seal everything. To end a war that had taken everything from him.

With one last tear, the carriage that held the girl lead them all out of the North Kingdom's territory.

With one kiss, an era of peace was bestowed upon two kingdoms.

But also cursed a lifetime of heartache upon two people.

I hope so too.

___________

Hold the fuck up, don't fucking kill me yet.

There's still an epilogue, I REPEAT THERE IS STILL AN EPILOGUE.

Which is already written and checked for errors! It's actually ready to be posted, but Imma be mean for once and wait a couple of hours :)

VOTE AND COMMENT COME ON IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER!