☙ t w e n t y - t w o

"Away from you." I spat, trying to get him off of me so I could stand up, but his weight was too much for me.

"Do you even know where you were heading?" He spits, still refusing to get up.

"Yes." I snap. "Get off."

"Really? Because you were just heading for the woods, baby." He says, finally getting up and dusting himself off, even though the dirt was mostly on me.

I get up, grabbing the sword I had dropped as I did so and pointed the tip towards Harry's chest. "Don't call me that." I warn him, my eyes narrowed in a glare. "And yes, I know I was heading off into the forest, that was my plan." I say.

"Smart plan you got there." He rolls his eyes at me, before staring at the sword pointed at him. "You think that's a good idea? Pointing the sword at me? What do you think that would look like if someone walks through those doors?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, my grip on the sword never letting up. "I'm going to die anyway, might as well bring one of you down with me." I shrug, but my arm wouldn't jab the sword forward like I wanted it too.

Harry's eyebrows draw together in confusion, his eyes flicking up to meet mine. "What do you mean by you're going to die?" He asks.

"You guys are going to behead me, aren't you?" I ask, keeping my voice steady, but my confusion managed to be evident anyway.

"No?" He says, clearly confused as well, making me even more confused.

"Hang me, then?" I asked.

"Why would we?" He says, he takes a step forward, and I didn't do anything to stop him.

"Because I told you all to fuck yourselves." I say, and to my surprise all he does is laugh.

The sound would have been nice if I didn't hate him with everything I had. "Trust me, Anna, we're not gonna kill you for that. We would have been offended if it were someone who mattered who said it, but coming from you it was just really funny. You were tonight's unplanned entertainment, thank you for that." He says.

My heart sinks down to my stomach at his words. They found that funny? Will they fucking find it funny if I charge back in there and slice off all their arms?

At the realization my arm slackens, going back to my side as I just stood there trying to process everything. What is wrong with these people?

Harry was still laughing, he's actually a little doubled-over at the memory of my outburst, and I didn't know if I was annoyed or relieved that they didn't take offense in what I had said.

I licked my dry lips, eyes locked at the woods. I can see where it starts now, the first line of trees were visible from where I stood. I can't do anything about what just happened now, but that doesn't mean I'll give up a perfectly good opportunity to get home.

I glanced quickly at Harry, who was still laughing, before gripping the sword again and bolting towards the woods once more.

The sword slows me down obviously, but it would be my only weapon in the forest and it would be stupid to let go of it.

I was sure I caught Harry off guard, giving me at least a small bit of a head start. I couldn't underestimate him now, though. He was able to catch up to me before, meaning he was fast at least.

I didn't want to look back just to check how close he was, but I did hear flowers being crushed so I knew he was chasing after me.

I tried to even out my breathing as I pushed myself to make it into the forest. When I'm there I would at least be on my own turf. I mean sure, these part of the woods would be foreign to me, but I know Harry wouldn't last a single hour in there and I would at least have the upper hand for once.