☙ f o r t y - o n e

Fun fact: My mutual said you could legit feel Harry's nips when you hug him (oh lowd)

Should I like place a fun fact every chapter?

ALSO! LOVING THE NEW COVER TBH! I FANGIRLED WHEN I SAW KAYA SO I HAD TO MAKE IT THE COVER IDK I LOVE HER.

You didn't give me your wattpad user btw but credits to you bc I love it!

______________

It was late. The room was pitch black, but my eyes had long since adjusted to it. I could make out the figures of the furniture in Harry's room, and Harry himself beside me.

His slow, even breaths fanning the side of my face as I laid on my back facing the ceiling. It started out as a peaceful night, until I fell asleep and was welcomed by another horrendous nightmare. This time, every thing was on fire. Lea inside our house as flames ate away at it. She was screaming again, blaming me for letting her die.

And then Christian appeared. He held me and I thought I was safe, but that was until he pushed me into a different house, it too was on fire.

He was screaming this time, and even until now, hours later since I've woken up, I could hear him telling me I deserved to burn for my sins.

I half expected to have Harry comforting me when I woke up, but he was soundly asleep next to me, and I didn't have the heart to wake him.

So here I lay, unable to get a wink of sleep because of the horrid terrors that awaited me in my dreams.

What Harry did for me surely did distract me, but I just know I wouldn't be able to actually get rest if I don't get my answers, and I saw absolutely no point in staying here mindlessly drifting between reality and nightmares.

I sighed, turning my head to look at Harry, his face peaceful as his usual scowl was absent. One of his arms still held me by the waist, but it was loosely, giving me the chance to slip out easily without waking him up.

I was dressed in the nightgown he gave me, the ruined dress now sitting on a chair by his desk and I make a small note in my head to give that dress to someone who may need it when the time comes.

I hear Harry grumble just as I make my way to the doors, blindly holding my arms out in front of me so I wouldn't bump into anything. I turn around, seeing Harry's form grab a pillow and hold it to his chest, just as he turns to face the other side of the bed. I could hear him mumbling in his sleep, and I honestly found it adorable.

I make my way back to his bed, quickly bending down and placing a quick kiss to his temple. His mumbles cease just as I pull away, but a small frown was now present.

He may act all high and mighty whenever he's awake, but in truth he was just like a little kid, all he wants is affection and someone to treat him normally.

I brushed a small bunch of his hair from him forehead before really leaving the room now. I close the door behind me as quietly as I could and started to head off in the direction of what I knew to be the servants' room.

The marble tiles were almost unbearably cold against my feet as I walked the halls, but I ignore it. I couldn't find my boots with the darkness inside Harry's chamber and even if I did I was sure I'd break it while trying to put them on - they were already falling apart to start with.

Along with the shock of the unforgiving cold, I'm also gobsmacked at the fact that there were still servants walking around. Some had been moping the floor and some wiping at the windows. I even see the forms of people out the window, working on the garden.

I didn't know that their services run through the night, but then again, with a castle this big, it would be a miracle if the day time cleaning was enough.